PDA

View Full Version : moulding clips

nickaboni2
07-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know where to get the clips that connect the interiot to the exterior mouldings that are between the rear windows on a starlight coupe(51)

Roscomacaw
07-08-2009, 07:02 PM
There are no clips. There's the exterior mouldings with nutserts in them, but they aren't even listed seperately in the parts book. There's only the inner mouldings, the outer mouldings and the screws that go thru the inner mouldings and into the nutserts in the outer mouldings.

It just so happens that I had one of those outer mouldings in my hand about an hour ago. I noted that those nutserts are crimped into place in the outer moulding. I'm sure they were/are considered an integral part of the moulding.:(

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

nickaboni2
07-08-2009, 07:29 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

There are no clips. There's the exterior mouldings with nutserts in them, but they aren't even listed seperately in the parts book. There's only the inner mouldings, the outer mouldings and the screws that go thru the inner mouldings and into the nutserts in the outer mouldings.

It just so happens that I had one of those outer mouldings in my hand about an hour ago. I noted that those nutserts are crimped into place in the outer moulding. I'm sure they were/are considered an integral part of the moulding.:(

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

[/quoteCAN I GET THOSE NUTSERTS ANYWHERE AS MANY OF MINE ARE BROKEN

Roscomacaw
07-08-2009, 07:42 PM
If it were mine, I'd get some sheet metal - cut pieces that fit snugly into the stainless moulding, then drill a hole and install nutserts of the proper thread into the holes. I know there's some sorta insert nuts that install sorta like pop rivets, but I've never had call to use them. Either way, I'm talking about making your own. I know of no ready-to-use thing you could buy. Not saying such nuts don't exist out there - somewhere. I'm just saying my approach would be to make them.:)

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door