PDA

View Full Version : 57 Wagon on Ebay

Kurt
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-PARKVIEW-STATION-WAGON-2-DOOR_W0QQitemZ170354559544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a9ec4a38&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C39%3A1

This car is in my back yard, if anyone would like me to look at for them. I plan to look just for fun sometime this week.

66 Commander R1 Clone
51 Commander 4dr

StudeDave57
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
That's not just any '57 wagon---

IT'S A PARKVIEW!!!!

It looks alot like the one JDP sold several years ago. Or maybe not [?] I have seen/heard of at least one other Parkview with a red/white interior (from New York) that had a REALLY rusty frame. But that car was red/white outside~ not grey like this one, and JDP's was.
I never got a serial number for either car~ and lost track of them both... [:0] [B)] [V]

I see lots of potential in this one if it has a good body and frame~
with a three speed and OVERDRIVE to boot!!! ;) :D [^]

JDP
07-07-2009, 09:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

That's not just any '57 wagon---

IT'S A PARKVIEW!!!!

It looks alot like the one JDP sold several years ago. Or maybe not [?] I have seen/heard of at least one other Parkview with a red/white interior (from New York) that had a REALLY rusty frame. But that car was red/white outside~ not grey like this one, and JDP's was.
I never got a serial number for either car~ and lost track of them both... [:0] [B)] [V]

I see lots of potential in this one if it has a good body and frame~
with a three speed and OVERDRIVE to boot!!! ;) :D [^]

Could be, here's mine from a few years back.

http://www.stude.com/sold/57a.jpg

JDP/Maryland

JimsLeadCommander
07-07-2009, 09:41 PM
The owners description on EBay made it clear that this was a Parkview. It does look very nice both out and inside. Rust in gas pedal 'heel' area and the engine compartment could use a 'make-over.'
Someone will 'get it' if the price is right.[:p]

JimsLeadCommander

JDP
07-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Bought mine for $2500, cleaned it up and sold it for 4K, then it sold again for 6K or so.

JDP/Maryland

barnlark
07-07-2009, 09:58 PM
John and Tracy...this car should have been the one you found. [^] Not that George isn't a great car, too, but wow.. that's a really nice looking wagon.

StudeDave57
07-07-2009, 10:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by JDP

Could be, here's mine from a few years back. JDP/Maryland
Sure does look like the same car. Any chance you'd remember who you sold it to, or what transmission that car had? Or maybe you'd have another picture or two???
Just wonderin' out loud... ;)

quote:Originally posted by JimsLeadCommander

The owners description on EBay made it clear that this was a Parkview. JimsLeadCommander
Maybe so, but the title of this thread does not... ;)

Now folks will know if they want to open the link or not.

StudeDave '57 [8D]

JDP
07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Could be, here's mine from a few years back. JDP/Maryland
Sure does look like the same car. Any chance you'd remember who you sold it to, or what transmission that car had? Or maybe you'd have another picture or two???
Just wonderin' out loud... ;)

quote:Originally posted by JimsLeadCommander

The owners description on EBay made it clear that this was a Parkview. JimsLeadCommander
Maybe so, but the title of this thread does not... ;)

Now folks will know if they want to open the link or not.

StudeDave '57 [8D]

I wish I had more pictures. I sold it York when we had snow falling that weekend. It was a York some 5 years later and changed hands again.

JDP/Maryland

studeclunker
07-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Looks like a really nice car. I wish Bess looked as nice as her little sister does in this auction. As long as the car runs well, I could really care less how clean the engine compartment is. Well, barring rat's nests and the like.;) This one looks like it could be a wonderful daily driver for someone.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/december%2006/HPIM0234.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/56%20Parkview%20Wagon/56wagonleftfrontclipped-1.jpg
Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith
Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?