X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63-64 GT headlight chrome bezels

Greetings, All,

Two questions:

1. My body man says the '64 GT Hawk headlight trim rings don't match the fenders. (What else is new? No two adjacent pieces of a Studebaker really line up.) He wants to bolt them on and use filler to match them to the curves of the fender before they are painted. Anyone ever done this before?

2. To do this, the inner chrome bezels have to be in place, as they are what holds the painted ring in place. I have already had mine re-chromed and thus can't use them where he will be sanding and grinding. Anyone have a GT bezel too far gone to re-chrome, please e-mail me off list at PackardV8@comcast.net ASAP. Thanks in advance.

jv

PackardV8
    PackardV8

The chrome rings or the bezels, is he using the gaskets ? I guess you can see some less then perfect alignment close up, but nothing I'd risk putty chipping off over. There is a close up pix of the headlights on Goldie here:

JDP
    Arnold Md.
    Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
    64 Commander 2 dr.
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The chrome rings or the bezels, is he using the gaskets ? I guess you can see some less then perfect alignment close up, but nothing I'd risk putty chipping off over. There is a close up pix of the headlights on Goldie here:

JDP
      Arnold Md.
      Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
      64 Commander 2 dr.
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      63 Lark 2 door #2
      62 Lark 2 door