A Studebaker Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Studebaker Joke

Some of my car club guys (Ford and Chev owners) suddenly discovered valve cover racing. I clued them in that at SDC events we've done it for years and then added that a Studebaker valve cover was the fastest on earth. Whereupon, they all roared with laughter and said that I was such a died in the wool Stude guy that I probably had "STUDEBAKER" tattooed across my backside. Whereupon, I responded, on my skinny butt I only had room for the first four letters. Then they were rolling on the floor laughing.

Just some levity to lighten things up, it's good for us.
    REgards
    Ken Michael

Obviously, StudeFolk are more clever than Ford or Chevy lovers.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

People ask me, "Why did Studebaker go out of business?". I say they were doomed when they came out with the first compact car. The car was smaller and there was less room for the name, so they had to make the letters smaller. With smaller letters fewer people could read the name at a distance, so many people didn't know what make of car they were admiring.

Tim K.
      '64 R2 GT Hawk
      Tim K.
      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by GTtim

People ask me, "Why did Studebaker go out of business?". I say they were doomed when they came out with the first compact car. The car was smaller and there was less room for the name, so they had to make the letters smaller. With smaller letters fewer people could read the name at a distance, so many people didn't know what make of car they were admiring.

Tim K.
        '64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

When I was quite young and knew nothing of Studebaker history, my 'ol man used to repeat an old joke that I didn't get at the time. Apparently it was a popular saying at one time,
          "Studebaker made the best vehicle on the road until they took the tongue out of it".

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

When I was quite young and knew nothing of Studebaker history, my 'ol man used to repeat an old joke that I didn't get at the time. Apparently it was a popular saying at one time,
            "Studebaker made the best vehicle on the road until they took the tongue out of it".

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
            I suspect he didn't mean it as a joke. They did have the best vehicle on the road. Even the Budweiser folks used them.

========================
            63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
            Martinez, CA

Comment

I play in a bluegrass band that does a lot of gigs in north Georgia and surrounding areas. I usually drive a Studebaker to these events and talk about Studebakers, usually mentioning how I learned to drive in my dad's Studebaker, etc. I sometimes mention that my first sexual experience took place in Dad's Studebaker. Someone will usually call out, "How was is?" I reply that is was scary. "How was it scary?" I say, " Well, I was out there in the dark by myself."

Comment

Working...
              X