Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hamilton Chapter Niagara Drive (PIX ALERT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Chapter Niagara Drive (PIX ALERT)

What a way to spend a faultless summer Saturday. The Glorious Fourth lived up to its name in the Niagara region, as these pix will show. We met at the Vineland horticultural centre mid-morning, then headed out in convoy (eventually breaking off into smaller groups) via Port Dalhousie, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara Falls and the Niagara River Parkway, ending up at Fort Erie Raceway for dinner in the restaurant there. Afterwards three of us in two '62 Larks returned home via Highway 3, which took us right past the regular Saturday Dunnville cruise night; we stopped there and found an Avanti and two SDCers who had been trying to find our group through the afternoon but kept missing us! At least three of us connected with them afterward at Dunnville. That made the total cars out on the day 27, with about 55 SDCers aboard (very few of us were doing the run solo). 25 Studebakers, one post-Stude Avanti, and one merger-period (1955) Packard. On to the pix...I'll be as selective as I can!

Outbound in my Lark

Thought this was a "new" M5, but nope...Joe's redone the fenders on his formerly-all-silver M in a very smart 1958 Studebaker metallic maroon. The Lark is mine.

Allen "studebaker-r2-4-me" arrives at Vineland with his sweet 64 R2 GT.

Setting out..."looks like we got ourselves a convoy..."

53 Starlight rod, 56 Transtar, 64 Daytona convertible at Port Dalhousie

58 Commander 4dr and 64 GT Hawk at Port Dalhousie

Passing through Niagara-on-the-Lake

Three Larks and a gorgeous 40 Champion rod at the Floral Clock Park

...Will break this into two in the hope it doesn't time out on me. More to follow...

S.

...Part The Second!

Just have to show a closer view of the 40 Champion. This car, rebuilt from little more than a hulk, is just stunning. Everyone thinks it's a Willys until they get near enough to see STUDEBAKER on the forward flanks. (Including me, the first time I saw this lovely little rod!)

Approaching the Horseshoe Falls with its ever-present column of mist.

Along the Niagara River Parkway...an exaltation of Larks!

Stopping at a yard sale!

At Fort Erie Raceway...55 President 4dr and 64 Avanti. The Avanti is Roly and Sue Lusted's, Grimsby SDCers who organized the chapter event. My hat is off to them for launching what will surely be a yearly tradition in style...

More of the Studes (and the '85 Avanti) at Fort Erie

Roly and Sue's 64 Avanti again, this time with a mild-custom 66 Cruiser for company

Fred and Gloria (who have the turquoise 62 Daytona HT rod) and I went home via Highway 3, which took us through Dunnville and right past the regular Saturday cruise night at the Sobey's supermarket there. We opted to stop in; there we found Raymond "wise raymond" Wise, all the way from the UK on vacation and driving his 63 Avanti on Drive Your Stude Day (the Avanti "lives" in Ontario). He'd been trying to catch the SDCers but kept missing them! At least three of us got to catch up with him at Dunnville by happenstance at day's end. Really neat way to finish the day off. Here's Raymond closing the hood on the Avanti for photos...

...And the two 62s part company, at Highways 56/20 and 53 at the southeast edge of Hamilton...

Homeward in the sunset on 53/Rymal Road in south Hamilton. Beautiful conclusion to a very, very fine day. Hope the forum enjoys these.

Cheers

Steve T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

53 Starlight rod, 57 Transtar, 64 Daytona convertible at Port Dalhousie

S.
      Great pics Steve - small nit pick - The Transtar pictured is a '56, here's a '57.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island Chapter
      http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Great Pix!
        Love the maroon & silver M-series, too.

Chris Pile
        Editor: The Studebaker Special
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Mark--

Thanks--corrected--those trucks trip me up time and again! BTW, the other day I chanced upon what looked like an M16 (?), one of the bigger Ms, with (apparently--I saw it only fleetingly) a flatbed aft end. Faded orange with black fenders. Off Hwy #6 north of Hamilton. Hope eventually to get a pic of it...Studes just seem to be everywhere!

S.

Comment

Nice pictures!! What a beautiful summer day!!![8D]

Comment

Working...
            X