bumpers, Upper A arm, 55 k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumpers, Upper A arm, 55 k

Good news is the body is now solid, primed and back on the newly restored and painted frame. Before dropping the motor in, I seem to be missing the rubber bumpers for the upper A arms. The bottoms are conical and I have 'em. The uppers were not there, so I'm guessing and need some help. This seems like the best time to install before the engine weight is added. Checking the S.I. catalogue I see #526337, bumper, upper A arm, 1950 through early 55. I also see #537461, bumper, upper A arm 1955-66 car, all models. I believe the car is later 55, it is a Commander HT with the Bearcat 259 and automatic from factory. Which bumpers does it require? Thanks, all, (especially you Speedster guys whose cars will always bring bigger $ than mine, and I'm not bitter.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

quote:Originally posted by warrlaw1

Good news is the body is now solid, primed and back on the newly restored and painted frame. Before dropping the motor in, I seem to be missing the rubber bumpers for the upper A arms. The bottoms are conical and I have 'em. The uppers were not there, so I'm guessing and need some help. This seems like the best time to install before the engine weight is added. Checking the S.I. catalogue I see #526337, bumper, upper A arm, 1950 through early 55. I also see #537461, bumper, upper A arm 1955-66 car, all models. I believe the car is later 55, it is a Commander HT with the Bearcat 259 and automatic from factory. Which bumpers does it require? Thanks, all, (especially you Speedster guys whose cars will always bring bigger $ than mine, and I'm not bitter.
    For some reason, apparently '55s used a bumper that mounted on a bolt-on bracket. Later models used one that just slips over a bracket welded to the frame.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks, Paul. I'll try the ones for 55 through 66 and see if they work. Once the weight is on the frame, there's lots of room between bumpers and steel. If you were airborne for some reason (lol) then the upper bumpers would come into play... better safe than sorry.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
      X