DAYTON DOOR PANELS 62-64???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAYTON DOOR PANELS 62-64???

These are some Daytona door panels I have for sale not totally sure on the year and model but I think I know most, they came from cars I parted except for one brown set I got them a few years ago and they are really nice but not nos, close yes but not nos. since I will be coming to Cedar Rapids I could bring them , so any questions you should ask soon and then we can go from there as always I will not be hauling things across the country just for show, anything that I bring will be paid before we leave, and now time is so close, take a look and then we talk. I do have all 4 pieces on most of these sets..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Number one (Brown), is a Chestnut color '63 Lark Custom, appears to be a 2 dr. Sedan if the length measurement is correct for the long door, if not it is a Custom 4 Door Sedan right front door panel.

Number 4 (Green), is a Green '63 Cruiser, or Daytona Wagonaire, if it's a short 37 1/4 in., and it's a '63 Daytona Hardtop if 42 in. long.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bob,
      I need door panels and inside rear quarter panels for my '63 Daytona and the '62 Regal hardtop I got from you. On either one I'm not fussy about being the correct model for the car, or the correct color. I can dye them to match whatever I end up doing...just so they fit.

I have a NOS set...

StudeRich has identified them for me as '64 Commander 2 door sedan.

They don't fit my '63 Daytona (and I'm sure they wouldn't fit a '62)

The rear quarters have the window winder handle in the wrong location and they don't have the cut out for the floor brace on a hardtop.

The door panels are close, but no cigar. Too long, don't fit at the top and window and door handles in the wrong location.

Sooo...If any of the ones you have end up to fit a '63 Daytona 2 door hardtop, I'll take them.

If any end up to fit a '62 Lark 2 door hardtop (either Regal or Daytona) I'll take them.

I'll trade you these NOS ones if they are any use to you or I'll sell them here for whatever you charge me for a set.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks Rich? Dick if the 1st ones up the chestnut are 63 like Rich states then they will fit your Daytona , these are the long ones for 2 door cars and all four pieces are here and nice,
        the Blue ,Black, and Brown are 64's all very use able and some better than others full set of 4 on the Black and Brown ones and only door panels on the Blue ones. the green ones are a full set and have carpet on the bottom I think they are 63, will e-mail you more info later . I believe the 64's will fit the 63's I think I have black 64 daytona in my 63 standard....Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Yes those look like my 64 Commander Dick

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Number 4 (Green), is a Green '63 Cruiser, or Daytona Wagonaire, if it's a short 37 1/4 in., and it's a '63 Daytona Hardtop if 42 in. long.
            Its definitely for a Cruiser. The carpet on the bottom is a dead giveaway.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Its definitely for a Cruiser. The carpet on the bottom is a dead giveaway.Craig
              Sorry Craig to have to correct the never wrong, Craigster, but the U.S. '63 Daytonas all have carpeted lower door panels! [:0]

That was dropped in '64 for rubberized, bumpy stuff that looks like simulated carpet.

I have no clue what they did in Canada.

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Can't be from a cruise since they are the long ones for 2 doors, here is another set I had at the shop today not nos but real close, very nice set all 4 pieces, what are they 62? maybe?

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Bob, those last ones are 62 and I'd REALLY like those![]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bob,

Email sent.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

I have no clue what they did in Canada.
                      Himilton did write their own rules for interior variations at times. One example are these Hamilton-built '63 Cruiser door panels.

Craig

Comment

Craig, I might have a set of that one or very close and real nice, after I get done with the 2 door panels I will get into the 4 door, unless some one want to talk to me before I leave and would bring them back to Iowa also....Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Bob,
                          Do you by any chance have any brown ones to fit my 64 Commander Wagonaire?

George
                          Grants Pass, Oregon
                          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car.

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe
                          George King
                          Grants Pass, Oregon
                          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Add this set to the list, nos 56 G4W pair in black and white with built in arm rest, nice un used pair of 2 no rears, any one interested get in touch with me and could bring to Iowa...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers
                              after I get done with the 2 door panels I will get into the 4 door, unless some one want to talk to me before I leave and would bring them back to Iowa also....Bob
                              Do you have a RED set for a 1966 Commander 2 door?

If ya do, I'm interested!![]

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X