For $69,000 you can own this super rare '64 R2 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For $69,000 you can own this super rare '64 R2 GT

...with the super rare Ford 289 engine!!!!

Am I the only one sick and tired of these classic car auto dealers spewing misinformation [}]

I just don't get it -why is it so hard for them to get the facts straight?

I mean, if selling a car meant a $69K payday for me, I'd be sure to get my facts straight.

You can take as many pics as you want, shoot as much video, and splash your business logo all over your Ebay listing -but in the end you loose all credibility with me when you don't even know what you're selling.

Rant..rant...rant

Looks like he could have put some tire shine on the tires.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

...and what's the point of showing the book value of a #1 car @ $39,700 with an additional 15% premium for 4-speed, but then listing it with a $69,000 BIN in an unstable economy?

Comment

Apparently he has added +$1000 for each picture over 39.

You would think when you are trying to sell a vehicle for this money he would at least look at JDP's listings or Dick's Ute ad.

Just a raging torrent of digital photography. [)]

Bob

Comment

When I clicked on his auction page, it started talking to me, and I couldn't get out of it.
          Had to reboot just to shut the darn thing off.

Chris Pile
          Editor: The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The talking part is what really got me riled up[xx(]

The guy introduces himself, talks about his passion for cars and how he grew up doing this and that and blah..blah..blah....

Then he describes the GT making false statements while hyping up everything about the car -what a complete doofus!! And this is his profession [:0]

And yes, if you are going to market a car it's best to do both of your homework assignments -accurately describe the car's condition, it's options and history, and then price it using any and all previous/current car sales as reference.

Comment

He also thinks it looks like a Mercedes Benz and states in write up that Studebaker was once a subsidiary of Mercedes Benz..... Maybe he should enter this Ebay add in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most photos in an Ebay add.

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
              sigpic
              John
              63R-2386
              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Overkill on the exterior pictures at the different locations. Ugh. Beautiful car, but come on.

Comment

Wow, pitifull.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Wow! The rare FordO'Baker Benz (Very Rare)... Buy it now for three easy payments of only $23,000 plus shipping and handling... What a deal, Mr. Popeil[:I] But wait! There's more!! ... okay, I'll stop now.

LH
                    Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Shut up and show me some pictures besides the side view, guess mine being a full package must be worth a little more than this one but it is super rare because it is not a full package, guy is nuts..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

I don't know how this car appears on the list of JTS Hawks, but it does have the rear stabilizer and the traction bars, so it is the equivalent of a package car, whether or not it was ordered together or separately unless it was added after sale.

Too bad about the sagging rear springs and wrong rear antennas.

But what's it doing with a fake personalized yellow on black '63 Calif. plate with a sticker on it?

There were no personalized plates in the yellow on black series!
                        Don't tell me he conned the DMV into registering that fake plate to it, and issuing a sticker? [:0]

If he had listed it at a realistic $30,000.00 he might get some bites!

StudeRich
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Probably a futile gesture.............

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Don't look Bob Palma!! This $69K car does not have a.....gasp....[u]battery hold down!</u>

Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

Don't look Bob Palma!! This $69K car does not have a.....gasp....[u]battery hold down!</u>

Paul
                              Whaddya' want for a mere 69 big ones, Paul?[}]

For an even $70,000, I bet he'd throw in a battery hold-down. Maybe even a correct reproduction from Studebaker International. [:0][] BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X