No announcement yet.

How many drove their Studebakers today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many drove their Studebakers today?

OK guys and girls, let's get a thread going here. Log on and let us know if, when and where you drove your Studebaker on Drive your Studebaker Day. I will go first. I couldn't make the drive with the Potomac Chapter's run to Berkeley Springs, WV, but the wife and I did a twenty mile loop about town and thru the town park in our 31 Dictator open wheel hi-boy roadster.

Lost in the 50's

Didn't have much time, but went to the grocery store. About 8 mile round trip. Actually saw another stude at the store!

Bob

Robert L. Hutchins

Comment

We drove our 51 twenty miles to the Laporte In parade and back.

Comment

The day is still young in California, so after our family party Clayton and I will go cruising in something, if he doesn't make up his mine I will just go in the 05 Dodge with the Hemi, it is not a Studebaker but you can bet your boots it is a fun car to drive, but the hawk is out right now so it might be the lucky one...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Bob, Clayton is going to have to make a decision at some point....:-) Of course, you could just let him drive them all!

I got the 64 Avanti out today (it is beautiful here in Seattle today), got lots of looks, thumb's up and smiles, but unfortunately saw no other Studebaker's. After a family cook out, will venture out again.

Rich

Richard Morris
          Renton, WA
          64 Avanti R-1 #5367
          90 Avanti 4-door #78

Comment

I took my '53 Coupe to a charity show in Zanesville. On the way home drove around Newark, all the main streets. About 80 miles round trip.

[Edit] Didn't see another Studebaker.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
            Tom Bredehoft
            '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
            '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
            (Under Construction 617 hrs.)
            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
            All Indiana built cars

Comment

Potomac Chapter with around 15 cars drove from WInchester VA to Berkeley Springs, WV for an outing.
              Lotsa smiles and high fives.....
              Pics will be online as soon as I can get them off the camera...

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
              55 President State Sedan
              70 Avanti (R3)
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Drove my 50 Starlight Coupe only about 10 miles. Over to the lake and back. OkieBob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 31Streetrod

OK guys and girls, let's get a thread going here. Log on and let us know if, when and where you drove your Studebaker on Drive your Studebaker Day. I will go first. I couldn't make the drive with the Potomac Chapter's run to Berkeley Springs, WV, but the wife and I did a twenty mile loop about town and thru the town park in our 31 Dictator open wheel hi-boy roadster.
                  Lost in the 50's
                  You should have come anyhow Ron. We had an incredible turnout and lots of fun.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I drove mine to the Willie McCool Memorial, and into the Drive Your Studebaker Forum.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

We drove to Berkeley Plantation, where two presidents lived.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I drove my Stude for a 15 mile run today. Our local Stude club couldn't get anything going for today, but next Saturday, we are having a run out to eastern Long Island for lunch at a nice restaurant.
                        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The Los Angeles chapter had a small casual gathering at Woodley Park. We had a '50 Champion 2 door, a '51 Commander 4 door, a '52 Commander Starlight coupe, a 54 Champion coupe, a '56 Power Hawk, a '59 Lark 4 door, TWO '63 Avantis and a 64 Avanti.
                          Not too bad for a last minute decision and we all enjoyed ourselves! The cars were driven between 15 and 30 miles each way to get to the park and back home.

Howard
                          53 Commander Starliner
                          56 Sky Hawk
                          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I posted a brief story and some pictures in the Drive your Studebaker Day forum of 10 Studes that drove in a local Independence Day parade.

Pat

Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Drove my 59 6 cyl Silver Hawk 30 miles. That's about 5 loops around town.

Comment

Working...
                              X