PDA

View Full Version : 41 champion value

wolfie
07-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I am trying to put together a deal with a 41 champion 4 door as a trade in on a motorcycle I am selling and need to get an idea of its value. I am awaiting pics but the owner says it is in decent shape,he describes a solid car with a very little rust through in the trunk,otherwise solid. It was repainted in the wrong color and not under the hood (should have asked about the trunk and door jambs). 6/OD, car runs and drives well and looks reasonable anyway,said interior was nothing to brag about but was usable as is. One of us will have to travel as it is 3-400 miles away. I want to make a fair deal for everyone involved and I think thats possible here.Thanks,Steve

52-fan
07-03-2009, 11:54 AM
The 41 Champion is one of my favorite pre war cars, but like most Studebakers not a high dollar car. A four door would be the least expensive. Without pictures and details most people would be reluctant to guess at a value.
Unless you are planning to resell, what someone else thinks it is worth really doesn't matter. Besides, you will probably spend too much on it anyway.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg
1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
"I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."

wolfie
07-03-2009, 12:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

The 41 Champion is one of my favorite pre war cars, but like most Studebakers not a high dollar car. A four door would be the least expensive. Without pictures and details most people would be reluctant to guess at a value.
Unless you are planning to resell, what someone else thinks it is worth really doesn't matter. Besides, you will probably spend too much on it anyway.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg
1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
"I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."

I too am still waiting for pics and guaranteed I will spend too much on it anyway. Its too depressing to think of what I spent on the motorcycle. And I will resale it after enjoying it for a year or two. I was just looking for a ballpark area on it. He indicated it was ready to drive,just not a show car. Steve

jclary
07-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I would say that you and the other party are in what I would call the "art of the deal" stage. If you impart to the other guy that you want a 41 Studebaker much more desperately than he wants a motorcycle, then you have ceded the advantage to him. Conversely, if he impresses you that he passionately wants your motorcycle, then make your deal, stand your ground, cross your fingers and hope for the best! We are adults here so make your deal and leave buyer's remorse behind. After you make your deal, only discuss the details with you best friends (and maybe not even them). Even if you find later that someone bought a nicer 41 for less, it will still be your 41 and the view will be brighter and better through the windshield than the rear view mirror. Good luck with it and let me know how it works out. By the way, if it don't go through, there will be other opportunities.:):):)

John Clary
Greer, SC
http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u346/jconln/HPIM0372-2.jpg
Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
SDC member since 1975