Nice "Drive Your Studebaker Day" publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice "Drive Your Studebaker Day" publicity

A nice writeup of the Potomac Chapter's plan for "Drive Your Studebaker Day" with a picture of Bob Devore's super nice '61 Hawk appeared in yesterday's The Journal (Martinsburg, WV). See http://www.journal-news.net/page/con...id/521775.html. I think it's a pretty good guess that our Chapter President, Bob Devore, submitted the article.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Paul a great piece and thanks for the link.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Where are they going to meet in berkley springs?

Comment

Very nice. 'Gotta love Flamingo! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Eollow the crowd north on US 522 from Winchester VA and I am sure you will find them. Berkley Springs is not that big.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Your right, 2 stop lights, but alot of side roads with distance between them. The club I played music at is about 6 miles off of 522, unless you know where to turn, you wouldn't find it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by winchesterhawk

Where are they going to meet in berkley springs?
              I'm not sure myself. I tried to call the tour leader, but no one answered. I assume everyone will try to park on or near the main street (also US 522) or in the Berkeley Springs State Park that is alongside 522 in the center of town. I'll try to find out and post better info.
              Berkeley Springs is a pretty neat place. For more info see http://www.berkeleysprings.com/index.html

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

'64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks, I was going to take both my hawks up.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by winchesterhawk

Thanks, I was going to take both my hawks up.
                  Great! We're meeting part of the group behind the Sheetz on Highway 7 just past the former Clarke Motors Dodge- 10 am. If you can make that, all the better.

Comment

Nice write-up in the Fresno Bee today. Three column bit about it being Drive Your Studebaker Day. Explains about SDC and the fact that we're truly a drivers club. Also tells about the SJV's chapter's caravan to Coarsegold and back. Page E4 of the automotive section.

I might have joined Anne and all if I hadn't had something else lined up. Anyways, I'm takin' Pete to lunch today. That'll be his outing. May drive him over to watch fireworks this evening, as well.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X