Avanti in Automobile Quarterly - now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti in Automobile Quarterly - now available

As some of you might already know, Automobile Quarterly has published a very good 16-page feature on our favorite car in the current issue, Vol. 49, Issue #1.
    AQ sells backissues, but since this is a current issue, they are not yet listed for sale by the company.

The AOAI has secured a supply of the current issue and are offering them for sale on our own website, http://www.aoai.org for a special price, reduced price from what AQ normally sells their issues.

If you have seen this publication before, you know that they have a long history, since 1962, and both the Avanti, Studebaker and Raymond Loewy, Sherwood Egbert and the design team have been featured in this publication since it's beginning. Although called a magazine, it is actually a very nice hard-bound book with no advertising. Just very well-written feature articles.
    It is a hard-bound book, 112-pages total.

We'll have a review in the next issue of Avanti Magazine, but you can get your own copy of AQ now, from our website.

Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
    '14 Boxster
    '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
    '37 Dictator Coupe
    '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

Folks AOAI has three cases of these Magazines. One is gone and they are not available anywhere else at the moment and when they are theu will be more expensive so go to AOAI.org and order yours now
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Folks AOAI has three cases of these Magazines. One is gone and they are not available anywhere else at the moment and when they are theu will be more expensive so go to AOAI.org and order yours now
        Will some be available in Cedar Rapids?

Craig

Comment

No as AOAI is holding seperate meet this year in Chicago. If concerned about ordering online through AOAI's secure system, just call the editor or go on line and print out the AOAI order form and mail it to him. orders placed yesterday and received by lew will go into the mail today

See you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

No as AOAI is holding seperate meet this year in Chicago. If concerned about ordering online through AOAI's secure system, just call the editor or go on line and print out the AOAI order form and mail it to him. orders placed yesterday and received by lew will go into the mail today

See you in the future as I write about our past
            Ordered mine yesterday,i started to do it via credit card but then i noticed when i scrolled down that i could use PAYPAL. Too easy.

Comment

We've made the ordering process as esy as possible to facilitate the sale of Studebaker and Avanti related material.

Comment

Took several attempts but finally got the AOAI site to accept my order.

Mike Jones
                Pembroke Pines, FL

Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Glad you got it taken care of as this is the only place to get them at the present.

Comment

And the books we're selling are priced less than what they will be when eventually on the Automoible Quarterly site.

Lew Schucart
                    Editor, Avanti Magazine
                    Lew Schucart
                    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X