Master Brake cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Brake cylinder

1959 Studebaker Deluxe 1/2 ton short box. 289 V8. Installing a new master cylinder. Was able to find a new one at a NAPA store. A friend is helping with the installation. When he pulled the master cylinder attached to the front of the cylinder is yet another canister/cylinder whatever that feeds from the master brake cylinder reservoir. This unit leaks and needs to be replaced. I took the whole thing to local downtown NAPA showed them the part... a middle age gentleman helped me...someone who knows what a Studebaker is as opposed to some young kid who thinks it something German.??? (His brother in law use to do some Studebaker restoration.) Anyway he couldn't figure out what it is. Thought it might be part of the clutch slave that feeds off the brake master cylinder reservoir for fluid. I said I don't think so...haven't been able to get back in contact with my friend who took it all apart...out of town. Any help. what is it so I know what I have to look for for a part.

I suspect Hill Holder[?] Should also have a rod linkage to the clutch.

But that wouldn't appear until much later when it was introduced by Subaru.[)]

Once you take it apart you may never be able to get it to not leak.
    It's a device that is only needed for folks who are learning to drive a standard transmission.
    If you're not in need of it, eliminate it. Be sorry it leaked. It's a cute device.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hill Holder ,anti Creep is what it is

Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk