PDA

View Full Version : Greenville, PA car show Sat. July 4, 2-5 p.m.



Bill Pressler
07-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Need a place to show your car on Drive Your Studebaker day?

Greenville in NW PA, during their second annual Heritage Days Festival this Saturday, is having a car show on their Main St. downtown from 2-5 in the afternoon. This show is in conjunction with tours of their Historical Society museum, Erie Extension Canal museum and (small) railroad museum with steam engine and caboose on display, with 'trolley' rides provided free between the museums and also to their downtown Riverside Park with artisans and food vendors there.

At their small airport about five miles north of town, there will be planes displayed and also plane rides available.

Greenville is a town of about 6,000 people, 25 miles northeast of Youngstown, OH and about mid-way between Erie and Pittsburgh. Expect a relaxing and laid-back day there if you come! It is the home of Thiel College.

I will have my '63 Lark Daytona Skytop there on display. My '64, which came from the local dealer there, isn't ready for the trip there and back from where I live now, yet.

At 7 p.m. at Thiel College is a USO show to be put on, featuring local talent. The local park's Recreation Center was indeed a USO building during WWII, when nearby Camp Reynolds served nearly a million soldiers en route to Europe and also hosted a German prisoner-of-war camp.

I know it's not much notice, but here it is!

Contact me for any questions.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop
Cell (330) 221-5904

barnlark
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Bill, how far is your '64 from driving condition?

Bill Pressler
07-01-2009, 07:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Bill, how far is your '64 from driving condition?


Pretty far, Dave...on four jackstands, awaiting new pre-bent brake lines, rear brake hoses to put on, and rear wheel bearings to repack.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop

Starlite51
07-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Bill

is Conneaut Lake Park still open down the road ?
many a hot summer we spent there in the old cabin we had there.

I quit my job at Idora Park in Youngstown joined the Air Force in 1966

John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg

barnlark
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
The town is still hoppin', John, but not with a Park. Just lake folks. I drove through there plenty taking my daughter to Allegheny College and visiting Meadville.


Bill, you are close. I bend my own brake lines. They never come perfectly bent anyway, unless you and Joe found a good source. I hate to see you miss the 4th without it. I know what it means to you to take it there to Greenville. I'm off on Friday. Would I be stepping on toes to help? Do you have all of the new shoes ready?

Bill Pressler
07-02-2009, 06:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Starlite51

Bill

is Conneaut Lake Park still open down the road ?
many a hot summer we spent there in the old cabin we had there.

I quit my job at Idora Park in Youngstown joined the Air Force in 1966

John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg



John, I about lived at Conneaut Lake Park during the summers of my high-school years, especially, as a friend's brother was a mechanic there and we regularly got free or reduced-price tickets. It was 18 miles from Greenville.

There had been talk of the park re-opening this year, although I haven't heard for sure. Here's their website:

http://www.conneautlakepark.com/rides.html

Maybe four years ago, my young daughters and I were in Greenville to visit my Mom. The girls saw the sign that said "Conneaut Lake 18" and bugged me into going there...for the first time in probably almost 30 years. We went, spent a couple hours, and the girls enjoyed it, never having experienced no waiting in lines to get on a ride! For better or worse, the place looked EXACTLY as I remembered! When I went to pay to park, I told the older fellow there ("Archie") that I hadn't been there in thirty years. He said, "Really?" and I confirmed. He said, "Go park over by my car there, no charge". I love small-town folks!

My buddy and I used to drive the 36-miles round-trip there sometimes, just to eat their heavenly fresh-cut french fries (this was when nobody else in the area had anything like them!).

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop

Bill Pressler
07-02-2009, 07:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by barnlark

The town is still hoppin', John, but not with a Park. Just lake folks. I drove through there plenty taking my daughter to Allegheny College and visiting Meadville.


Bill, you are close. I bend my own brake lines. They never come perfectly bent anyway, unless you and Joe found a good source. I hate to see you miss the 4th without it. I know what it means to you to take it there to Greenville. I'm off on Friday. Would I be stepping on toes to help? Do you have all of the new shoes ready?


Dave, this is extremely generous of you, as usual....I don't know if the new wheel cylinders are on yet, or even if the rear brake drums have been machined. I know the front hoses are on and I believe the front shoes are on.

The car is really dirty and needs cleaned before showing. The RF interior door panel and hardware are still off of it. Also, I'd want a little 'test drive' time before taking to Greenville. Beyond that, my sister and her husband have offered to take my '63 to be detailed for me before the show, as a gift I'm assuming! So I'll just show it instead, but thanks for the offer.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop

barnlark
07-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Ok, sorry it wasn't ready to show the previous owners this weekend, Bill. I was in NAPA yesterday for some high temp silicone for Studeboro's oil filler and they said GT Joe had drums in there getting machined. Maybe those were yours. I hope you get it on the road by Studeboro's meet later this month. Happy drive your Studebaker day!

JWW
07-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi Bill,
ARC is participating in the Canonsburg parade stepping off at 10AM. It moves pretty well and we should be through town before noon.
If all works out I'm heading for Greenville ASAP. I'll try to bring one or two others with me. Look for the Wagonaire (if it doesn't overheat and clog up the parade. LOL.)

BTW when I first started teaching our HS held Band Camp at Thiel and I used to chaperone. Beautiful campus.
JWW

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk388/JWW3_2008/My%20Studes/64conv-1.jpg

Bill Pressler
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by JWW


Hi Bill,
ARC is participating in the Canonsburg parade stepping off at 10AM. It moves pretty well and we should be through town before noon.
If all works out I'm heading for Greenville ASAP. I'll try to bring one or two others with me. Look for the Wagonaire (if it doesn't overheat and clog up the parade. LOL.)

BTW when I first started teaching our HS held Band Camp at Thiel and I used to chaperone. Beautiful campus.
JWW

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk388/JWW3_2008/My%20Studes/64conv-1.jpg


Hope to see you there, John! Weather is supposed to be great...not too hot, no rain (unlike that last Greenville show you came to!).

Well, my brother-in-law started my '63 after a long hibernation at their house near Greenville this morning, and said gas is spewing out from the inline fuel filter. It's always something! Joe was going to drop me off there anyway; we're just coming prepared with a new filter and fuel line hose Sat. a.m.!

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop

G T Joe
07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey I am ready to hit the car show circuit,Saturday. with Bill, the 64 needs a lot of prep and tlc, at this point, I spent a lot of time just getting the drums off, and the guy said 24-48 hrs. for the lines, but there not even made as I write this.

Joseph Kastellec

Bill Pressler
07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Bump.