OMG Quilted Clear Plastic Seat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Quilted Clear Plastic Seat Covers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-Lark-4-door-Sedan-1963-All-Original_W0QQitemZ130315792127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e576d2 eff&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-2|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

What a wonderful old car.[:X] She looks like she's lived in a garage all her life. You know, I have a station wagon of the same vintage that had those factory dimple plastic covers on the back seat. When I pulled it off, the seat was butter soft and perfect. I'll bet the seats in this sedan are in new condition under those covers.

What an old sweetheart.[:X] Probably Grandma's baby.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Whoops - just discovered this was already posted in Stove Huggers: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=30524

"Fingerhut?" Ya learn something new every day.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
      In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
      If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Well, since it's on-topic, there's no reason it shouldn't be here. Besides, all the work I went through to find it again, I'll stick with this thread!

Looks like she topped out at thirty-five hundred. Too bad for the seller. She looks to be worth more. However, with that six and auto...[xx(]

Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Studebaker offered clear plastic seat covers (not quilted) as accessories in to the '60s. I had several sets from a dealer buyout. I believe the latest was a set for '63 Cruisers.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I bought the dimpled seat covers for my 65 Rambler when I bought it in 1970...they had a "lifetime guarantee". The covers baked the cloth interior in a couple of years, cloth literally fell apart when the front cover was removed. Luckily, I bought a parts car with the same exact front seats and replaced them. The "crystal clear" covers remained on the back seat, shrank, yellowed, and split at the seam.
            I still have the car, and the covers (what's left of them) and the original receipt, so about 8 years ago I wanted to see if the company would honor the "lifetime" replacement (charge was $1.98 per section, not free).
            They stated, in a letter, that they no longer sell these, so they could not honor the guarantee. You would think that the P.R. value of honoring this would be a no-brainer...

Comment

Working...
            X