San Joaquin Valley Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Joaquin Valley Chapter

July 4, 2009 is the 1st International Drive Your Studebaker Day!

All over the world, Studebaker lovers will be out in their cars and
    the members of our San Joaquin Valley Chapter intend to make
    sure our Studes are also out on the road to be seen.

We’re having Brunch at Susan & Carl Thomason’s at 10:00 AM
    and then we’ll caravan to Rose’s Frosty in Coarsegold for ice
    cream while displaying our cars. If you want to caravan from
    Fresno, meet us at Costco @ Herndon & Blackstone at 9:00 AM.
    We will leave at 9:30 AM for Coarsegold. Since our event is early
    in the day, you can participate and still have time for other July
    4th plans!

Carl & Susan Thomason

43306 Running Deer Drive

Coarsegold, CA 93614

559/641-5125

thomason2@earthlink.net

This is the day to DRIVE YOUR STUDEBAKER! However, if you
    can’t, come anyway – we’ll make room for you in someone’s
    Studebaker! See you there!

Please RSVP Call or email Susan and Anne
    Anne 486-2715 nw3anne@hotmail.com

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

We had 4 Studebakers leave from Fresno. We met up at Costco if your Stude wasn't ready you could ride in a Studebaker. Casey asked Herb to Drive his 1957 Silverhawk as he wasn't able to. We drove about 32 miles to Yosemite Lakes Park where Carl & Susan Thomason live. The Walkers were there with their 52 Studebaker too. We had a fantastic Brunch. About 11:45 we got on the road we drove the back roads to Coarsegold to Roses Ice Cream. We had an all Studebaker show Bob came down from Oakhurst with his 1950 2 door. He is a member of the National maybe he will join the Local. Had Great sundae's lots of people just loved the Cars. I printed up the article that was in the Fresno Bee to share with people. A guy stopped by in a Cobra I told him that's a weird lookin' Studebaker. He just laughed he said he hasn't seen that many Studebakers together since the 50's we had 7. So that was good.
      Herb had to leave at 1 pm because he had another get together at 3 pm. Well he called about a half hour later was stuck on the side of the road. Well we sent David with Transmission fluid the one quart that I had with me. Then I went to buy some more. Well they were really proud of it in the mountain town of Coarsegold. $5.69 plus tax two quarts were $12.48. Well at least that's cheaper than a tow.
      So we get down the mountain to where David ,Herb and Ron are its 95 degrees out took them water and the tranny fluid. Well David drove Casey's Hawk Herb was in Davids 57 Hawk. Well it vapor locked poor Herb had another 57 Silverhawk that didn't seem to like him. He normally drives a 1951 Kaiser Traveler that is in mint condition.. Casey asked him to do him a favor and Drive his Studebaker on this special Day.
      Well I was driving Bobby's 1955 President, Bruce was driving my 1954 Commander, (Daisy). Since now our Hawk was acting up I gave Herb the President to drive back. Well David had had problems before with vapor lock so I knew what to do I had the Ice Chest. Didn't need it though David had installed a electric fuel Pump as insurance for this very situation. I turned it on and off I went. Poor Herb he had to drive three different Studebakers today.
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This is a link to Pictures and Short Videos.

Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Fresno,Ca
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

Poor Herb he had to drive three different Studebakers today.
        Great picture,looks like a great way to spend a morning. Too bad i wasn't there i'd have been glad to give poor Herb a break on the driving chore. Happy 4th weekend to all.

Comment

Cool lineup.

Chris Pile
          Editor: The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Looks like fun, Anne! I was kinda-sorta hoping we could tag along for this momentous event, but the Cruiser was supposed to be getting re-colored Saturday morning. It wasn't until late Friday that it became appearant the painting would be set back. I was doubly disappointed, but made up for it by mugging for the camera a bit, later in the afternoon.[)]

BTW - yeah, BIG crocodile tears for "poor" Herb. The torture you put him thru - makin' him drive THREE sharp Studes in one outing. You're sure to garner some demerits of some sort for being so inconsiderate. Maybe I'll get lucky and have you put ME thru such agony someday![xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X