Midge the wagon progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midge the wagon progress

Finally got Midge home and was able to spend a hot day in the garage (105 outside 85 inside) cleaning out the trash, dirt, and rotted indoor outdoor carpet.
    Much of the carpet turned to a bright green dust. And as much as i cursed the glue that was used as i peeled and scrapped. I belive this was what saved much of the floor from rotting.
    Floors are in pretty good shape as are the rockers,no rust thru. And seat unbolted with ease.
    Next task is to wire brush the floors and coat with POR15 which i need to complete this week, so Midge can go into storage while i do another stint in Guam. Heres some before and after pics.

Lookin good!!

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Cool, looks like your having fun. Your wagon is a '60 right?

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Is Anne's donated rear seat going to fit in there? I was wondering what the difference in the mounting of the 4 door rear seats versus the 2 doors would be, never having had a wagon. Sounds like a good, solid foundation of a car, though. I may kick myself for not pulling the trigger on that 4K blue wagon there in AZ. [8D]
        BTW, wasn't it Good Morning Viet Nam that had the line, "Guam? Nothing's going on in Guam!"... Oh, that's right, it was just radio.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

BTW, wasn't it Good Morning Viet Nam that had the line, "Guam? Nothing's going on in Guam!"... Oh, that's right, it was just radio.
          Dude thats harsh,i have to spend at least ten months there this time versus the year the last time.
          It's hard to take, a drive along the beach each morning, coffe on the beach each evening. But then there's that 8-10 hours work in between and only one stude on the whole island. Something always ruins paradise.
          It's a busy place what with the 3.8 billion dollar project to move the 4k plus marines and families from Okinawa and all the speclative operators moving in for the feast.

Am going to try the seats this afternoon,after i remove the 3/8ths plywood from the sides and remove the rest of the miracle carpet

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

Cool, looks like your having fun. Your wagon is a '60 right?

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
            No it's a 59 with a six automatic, been toying with the idea of an AMC 6 with the mexican package

Comment

Working...
            X