Need to find a local Machine Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find a local Machine Shop

As most of you know, I have antennas on my mind. I need to find a local machine shop in Sacramento,Ca. They got to have a CNC Screw Machine. I need to reproduce the retainer nut that is used on the studebaker antennas. It is made out of brass and then it must be sent out to chrome. I need 50 retainer nuts to be made. Any suggestions.

Roy, Why not make them out of stainless and polish them? A buffer and some compound may turn them out as good as chrome???

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Sal, I thought of that but there will be a material miss match. Since the tube that hold the mast is made of brass, you will have a expansion miss match. The stainless vs brass could be a big problem when it gets hot or cold .

Comment

quote:Sal, I thought of that but there will be a material miss match. Since the tube that hold the mast is made of brass, you will have a expansion miss match. The stainless vs brass could be a big problem when it gets hot or cold .
        Roy, X2 on Sal's recommendation. BTDT on a similar project and there will be no problem with expansion. The only problem will be avoiding over-tightening the stainless nut and stripping the brass tube.

The machinist who did my project is backed up right now, but if you wanted to send a sample, I'd show it to him, get an estimate of time and cost and return it promptly to you.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

ParkardV8, I have not problem using SS. Does your machinest have a CNC Srew machine? Email me your phone number. I need to get 50 piece made. What is a good time to call?

Comment

Working...
          X