Tahiti Coral 59 updates - lots of pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tahiti Coral 59 updates - lots of pictures

I've been quite busy on the car since LaPalma. There have a been a couple members asking me to post some updated pictures, so here they are. These were all taken earlier this afternoon. Here is a link to all the pictures. http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...tplarkupdates/

Here are a few that show the greatest changes.

before

after

before

after

before

after

no before shots of the torn up headliner and windlace. Here's an after.

interior

the apaloosa

trunk shot

Some of the other changes can be seen from the pictures on the LaPalma post.

Thanks for looking.
    Bob

Nice work, Bob; what a little sweetheart.

Didn't we determine that had the mid-year DeLuxe Kit? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Not sure about the deluxe kit Bob, but the vin is 59s73881. So it could very well be.

Comment

Very nice. My dad had a four door same year and color.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Boy some sucker sure made a mistake selling that, but it happens and it has a good home something it didn't have for about 4-5 years keep it up Bob.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Thanks Bob.. don't think the seller was much much of a sucker at all. It took a lot of work to get it where it is. Not too many would have done it for a 6 cylinder. I like it just fine though.

Comment

Lookin' good Bob! [8D][^]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island Chapter
              http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

where can I get one of those colour keyed vee-belts ?

Comment

I have all new rubber waiting to be put in.. people asked for some pictures and I shared them. that job is not done.. waiting till after the paintwork is done throughout the car.

Comment

Bob, did you pull the front and rear glass to do the headliner, or did you do something else?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Coming along great! That headliner looks terrific. [^]

Comment

Looking good, Bob. I still have the twin to yours, only baby blue. I'm planning to get it on the road since nobody wanted it. Mine's an auto trans., but I wish it was a stick; I'm thinking about changing it over. Hope it works out as good as yours![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I was wondering for the forum members who read this, that rim inside his trunk ,what studebaker color is that, and can anyone tell me ,what year that color belongs to, /and ( because I went to a paint supply house today, and I was looking for a 1955 studebaker color " and I didn't stay long enough, but was looking for a salmon color. That didn't list that color. So that color on that rim is a off yellow or off white of some kind.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments. I think that rim is from a 62 or 63 (it came with the car). From what I gather there is a ford color very close to it called wimbledon white. The rim is supposed to be tahiti coral like the rest of the wheels. When the car gets painted, it will join the rest matching. The windows were not removed. I have an upholstery shop I use locally that does great work. From what I was told, they softened the seal and tucked the cloth under it. Bams, switching it over to the stick will make all the difference in the world to make the car enjoyable to drive. If your planning on using it around town, the auto shouldn't be a problem. On the highway, without overdrive I bet the engine would be singing a bit.

Comment

Clark, if you want the name of the shop I used, I'll be glad to give it. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X