Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain Of The Day

Can't Beat The Price!

1950's Studebaker Pick Up Truck - ******$200***** (Wilkes Barre, Pa.)

Has been sitting for over 20 years. Is in a complete state of rust.
    May have a few interior parts of use. Does have a engine. Asking $200.00. Buyer responsible for towing from location.
    Call 301-662-3443

Alphues
    58 packard H.T.

quote:Originally posted by alphues

Can't Beat The Price!

May have a few interior parts of use. Does have a engine. Asking $200.00. Buyer responsible for towing from location.
    Call 301-662-3443

I believe that is a '54 (3R), pretty rare as it is a one-year only style (2R with a one-piece windshield). It might actually be worth saving.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, it looks more like a '58 Scotsman to me. Even more rare than a '54.

Comment

Yup! That's definitely a "Scotty" as far as I can tell.

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island Chapter
        http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Ya the hood is 58-59 and the grille is 49-53 all with a one piece windshield, my 54 3/4 ton with bud wheels and a 245 commander is a rare one I was told that 530 were built like that and most went to farms and construction so how many left??

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Windshield, wheels, hood, grill, blah blah blah. Rare? Does it have a Chryzler engine? HUH? does it?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Scotty! Wonder if it's s 6 or 8? That grille LOOKS like a 2R grille, but close inspection shows it's vertical bars to the left and right don't go to the top or bottom. It's always amused me that they thought this would somehow set apart it's appearance from the earlier trucks. So minescule a change that you have to scratch your head and ask "why bother"???[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My 54 has the large 245 commander in it the 53 short bed has the 53 Dodge Red Ram Hemi in it..

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Another difference between the 49-53 grill and the Scottsman is the row of vent hols at the very bottom. They are stamped into the metal but do not go all the way through.

Jon Stalnaker
                  Editor, Hawk Talks
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I called and left a message yesterday, I mght have to save it for that kind of $$$ No reply as of yet.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

[quote]quote:

Originally posted by alphues

Can't Beat The Price!

Call 301-662-3443
                      ******************************************************************************** ****

Matthew is on target, of course. The truck pictured is a 1958 Scotsman, model 3E1-12, one of 931 produced that year. All 931 were built with the standard 185 cubic inch 6 cylinder engine. There are presently 18 accounted for in the STUDEBAKER SCOTSMAN TRUCK REGISTER.

The Scotsman truck was built to complement the Scotsman series of cars introduced for the 1958 model year. The Studebaker Corp. was pulling out all the stops to stave off the grim reaper in 1958. The Scotsman pickup was a very basic vehicle, using up remaining parts from the 2R series. Yes, some of the changes were minescule, but the Corp. was grasping for anything different. The Scotsman was sold along with the regular 1958 Transtar line.

The 1959 Scotsman line was expanded and proved to be a successful seller.

Frank Drumheller
                      Louisa, VA
                      60S-W6
                      1948 M16-52 Boyer fire truck

Comment

Working...
                      X