Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Waterfall

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

It is hard to tell from this newspaper clipping, but it would appear to me that some portions of this truck could have been salvaged. Wish they would of used a old rusted out Datsun PU of instead, as the older Japanese vehicles from the 70's were usually rusted out long before they quit running.

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

And of course, as usual someone thought that a '49-'53 R Series Stude. Truck was a '48! Even though the model does not look even close to an M Series, at least the Year is close.

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

A Datsun or Nissan wouldn't last ten years on the road, let alone off, and certainly can't hold its water like that Studebaker![)]
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

Maybe it quit right there, after getting the last load of rock to the site, and is intended to serve as a monument of its own accomplishments.
          And I wonder if Mary-Ann-the-Steam-Shovel is in the basement of that house serving as the boiler!!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

Maybe it quit right there, after getting the last load of rock to the site, and is intended to serve as a monument of its own accomplishments.
            And I wonder if Mary-Ann-the-Steam-Shovel is in the basement of that house serving as the boiler!!

Craig
            Nice one, Craig! Virginia Lee Burton and your 1st grade teacher would be very proud of you for remembering that one!

FWIW, I don't think its the worst thing done to a Studebaker. I'd love to have that in my backyard. I'm sure my son would, too. Our favorite playground was a couple dozen old hulks being reclaimed by the earth.

I'm with Dave - better than the crusher and plenty memorable for any who see it!

Andy
            62 GT

Andy
            62 GT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Andy R.

Nice one, Craig! Virginia Lee Burton and your 1st grade teacher would be very proud of you for remembering that one!
              I was most impressed how one could make a Buderus out of a Bucyrus in a single afternoon!![:0]

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X