This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend or Bust!

I have been waiting forever to see who would start the South Bend threads and thanks to Bams50 and JRoberts let the flood gates open. I am so excited about the meet! I will be there unless something happens. I know this will be a once in a lifetime chance for me to tour many of the automotive related sites in and around South Bend. I will be taking a lot of photos. Also I will be going to Detroit to see the Packard Plant, I know if I dont go on this trip I will never get this close again and I have wanted to see it in person since I heard about it. Detroit in general will be a treat, almost as big as South Bend. I have read the agenda and I wish that there was some sort of tour thru the old Studebaker plant as well. I know I want to see it. And last but not least I look forward to meeting as many of you nice people as I can, I can already tell that one week will not be enough time to do everything I want to do. Hope to see all of you there!

Randy_G
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Make sure you put the ACD (Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg museum and it's next door neighbor, the Auntiqu truck museum on your tour...

Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I have been waiting forever to see who would start the South Bend threads and thanks to Bams50 and JRoberts let the flood gates open. I am so excited about the meet! I will be there unless something happens. I know this will be a once in a lifetime chance for me to tour many of the automotive related sites in and around South Bend. I will be taking a lot of photos. Also I will be going to Detroit to see the Packard Plant, I know if I dont go on this trip I will never get this close again and I have wanted to see it in person since I heard about it. Detroit in general will be a treat, almost as big as South Bend. I have read the agenda and I wish that there was some sort of tour thru the old Studebaker plant as well. I know I want to see it. And last but not least I look forward to meeting as many of you nice people as I can, I can already tell that one week will not be enough time to do everything I want to do. Hope to see all of you there!

Randy_G
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Make sure you put the ACD (Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg museum and it's next door neighbor, the Auntiqu truck museum on your tour...

Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Randy_G

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
      Brooklet, Georgia
      '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project)
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Jeff[8D]

Yep, I did that tour after the International Meet in 2002. But if you go to Detroit, you'll also want to stop at the Henry Ford Museum, the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, etc., etc., etc. Count on at least a week in the Detroit area alone.

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Jeff[8D]

Yep, I did that tour after the International Meet in 2002. But if you go to Detroit, you'll also want to stop at the Henry Ford Museum, the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, etc., etc., etc. Count on at least a week in the Detroit area alone.

Craig

Comment

My wife, son (who was 5 years old at the time)and I drove our 55 Commander to the 1983 South Bend meet and also went to the ACD museum. It is in the original showroom where they sold Auburns Cords and Duesenbergs. We also went to the Indianapolis Speedway museum, where they had a Studebaker Indy race car, and we drove our Studebaker around the track. I am not sure if they let you do that anymore. I see that the ACD Museum is on the schedule of events and it is a must see. I am planning to go to them all this summer. I went to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in 2002. Surprisingly, a man who was working in the Henry Ford Museum gift shop had a collection of Studebakers at home! This meet should be wonderful!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

My wife, son (who was 5 years old at the time)and I drove our 55 Commander to the 1983 South Bend meet and also went to the ACD museum. It is in the original showroom where they sold Auburns Cords and Duesenbergs. We also went to the Indianapolis Speedway museum, where they had a Studebaker Indy race car, and we drove our Studebaker around the track. I am not sure if they let you do that anymore. I see that the ACD Museum is on the schedule of events and it is a must see. I am planning to go to them all this summer. I went to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in 2002. Surprisingly, a man who was working in the Henry Ford Museum gift shop had a collection of Studebakers at home! This meet should be wonderful!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by lstude

My wife, son (who was 5 years old at the time)and I drove our 55 Commander to the 1983 South Bend meet and also went to the ACD museum. It is in the original showroom where they sold Auburns Cords and Duesenbergs. We also went to the Indianapolis Speedway museum, where they had a Studebaker Indy race car, and we drove our

That was also my Indiana 'circle tour' after ACD and NATMUS in 2002. Interestingly, its the red car that was on display in '83. In 2002, it was the white one that was previously in the Brooks Stevens museum that was on display.

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by lstude

My wife, son (who was 5 years old at the time)and I drove our 55 Commander to the 1983 South Bend meet and also went to the ACD museum. It is in the original showroom where they sold Auburns Cords and Duesenbergs. We also went to the Indianapolis Speedway museum, where they had a Studebaker Indy race car, and we drove our

That was also my Indiana 'circle tour' after ACD and NATMUS in 2002. Interestingly, its the red car that was on display in '83. In 2002, it was the white one that was previously in the Brooks Stevens museum that was on display.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X