Akron's Stan Hywet Hall car show pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akron's Stan Hywet Hall car show pics

Great show and a few Studes for the crowd. It's judging based on a stock look for all cars, so I didn't place in the 1957-1960 division, but the crowd loved our SDC showing. The judges are much more thorough than at any International meet. They go over everything for over fifteen minutes and crawl underneath the cars, too. Lots of compliments all day, even from the judges.

Many people hadn't ever seen a Lark and hadn't an idea what a Studebaker was, or that they made Larks. Fielded lots of questions for people. Corrected the Ford 289, AMC buyout comments, etc. I have decided to look for a good set of stock-look wheels and tires this year. That won't change the Edelbrock, dual master cylinder and the disc brakes, but may help with this type of judging and I'm leaning back to a stock white wall look, anyway.

Either the connections with the harness plugs on my brake switch are loose & worn out, or I have a bad switch. The brake light test failed for the judges. Arghhh. Ran the two wires together and the lights come right on.

Happy belated Father's Day, guys. Here are some pics:

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Omigawd, another '53 Commander C in Ivory Mist. That makes three.

Great pictures, thanks, Dave.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 617 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

My wife wants a DeSoto of the same vintage parked on your right.
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Good show, Dave. I take it that's a regular Fathers Day event?

'Loved the single-tone 1957 Ford Fairlane hardtop; not the more common Fairlane 500 and a monotone at that; rare!

Interesting all around. Thanks for the pix. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Anything you could have wanted (if so inclined) were there. Million dollar pre-war cars, a whole row of T-birds, Mustangs, Corvettes, tri-fives, a few 356A Porsches, Desotos, etc. They celebrated the Oldsmobile yesterday. This was the 52nd year for this show. One of the oldest in the country. Just a few orphans. Tom B., you should have been there, your car would have been perfect to win something. That Custom Royal next to me had a great retired couple who won 2nd place. Long day in the sun, but great fun.

Comment

Ohhhhhh....that '55 two-door sedan is beautiful!!!

Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Paul, I'll pass that along to our local SDC president, Don Morgan. That's his baby. [^] He burned in the sun protecting it and trying to get some of the closet Studebaker owners who showed up, to join the club. His wife is much smarter, she was under a cool tree all day. [8D]

Comment

Nice pics! Looks like a fun show to go to.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

This is a shot of the mansion, Stan Hywet Hall. Again, this was the Seiberling family home (of Goodyear fame) until Mr. Seiberling passed away in 1955 IIRC. The remaining family never returned to the mansion after that date. It is a great, historical tour. BP, you would love it...and the Marmon & Packard parked in front.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

Um... that's a Dodge. '58 Coronet, looks like from here.

Tell her for me, please, she's got good taste no matter what she calls it

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

The Rose Mist Hawk is a near twin to mine. I'm a little jealous of the AC.

Jim K.
                      63 Hawk
                      Jim K.
                      63 Hawk

Comment

That looks like a great show with an equally beautiful setting.
                        Thank for posting the pictures.

Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO
                        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by JGK 940
                          Originally posted by bob40

Um... that's a Dodge. '58 Coronet, looks like from here.

As mentioned above, it's a Custom Royal, not a Coronet. (Dodge) yes, 1958, yes. Good eye, Keoni.

Originally posted by JimK
                          The Rose Mist Hawk is a near twin to mine. I'm a little jealous of the AC.

It may just be the light playing tricks, but neither of those Hawks had Rose Mist paint.
                          [img][/img]

Comment

Nice photos of a classy event, Dave!

Andy
                            62 GT

Andy
                            62 GT

Comment

You better watch out for me, Dave, or I might pester you for lessons on how to take such great pictures[8D] I just got a new camera that has more doodads than I'll ever figure out[:I] Great pix as always!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X