First show, first plaque and a rarity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First show, first plaque and a rarity

Entered my first ever show last week, sponsored by the local Chamber of Commerce in Los Alamos. They had a hot rod and classics show and a separate Vette show. Here is my Hawk among the tri-5s and other C***ys - the only Stude, as it turned out:

There was no judging, but Peoples Choice and Kids Choice award categories. This rat rod took the 1st place for Peoples Choice

He drove it 300 miles from Las Cruces [:0] (And back, I presume.) Meant to be driven like our Studes, but that had to be brutal.

BTW, I came away with 2nd prize in the Kids division. Who says kids today have no taste?

Some other pix:

The owner of this T-bird didn't know about the show when I came across him on his morning walk. He showed up an hour later - nice car. He even got the year of my Hawk right.

Here's one for the rarity lovers - if I can believe Google search results, more than one automaker used the dies for this body -

It's a (modified) Graham Hollywood.

Jim K.
    63 Hawk
    Jim K.
    63 Hawk

Yes, the original car was an 810 Cord and you can find this body on the Graham Hollywood (shown) and the Huppmobile Skylark. The Hupp looks almost identical to the Hollywood Graham. Next coolest car to a Studebaker.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

There is a custom Hupp Skylark (black)in the SW Misssouri area. It shows up at the big Maple Leaf car show in Carthage, MO in Oct.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Here, in Wappingers Falls, NY, there was a body shop owner that had five Hollywood Grahams. One was his driver car, one was a stock car that he raced and the others were parts cars.

Congrat's. on your first showing and result!

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The hollywoods would look good with 39 Studebaker headlights in the fenders.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Nice bunch of cars ! Congratulations on the win, I believe you have a lot more wins coming your way !
            Randy Wilkin
            1946 M5 Streetrod
            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
            X