In the Rear View Mirror....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Rear View Mirror....

The driver's eye view of an all original 1938 Commander...

The brown sedan is obviously my ratty old beater '58. The Avanti is the yard art. And the '60 Lark sedan is my weekend torch project. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

And you, sir, are an artist. I can name at least half-a-dozen professional photographers who can't figure out how to compose an auto-interest shot to save their souls and you make it look effortless. Well done.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Matthew has always been talented with a camera. Even when he was a very young child. Now if he could only figure out how to make some money with it? NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

Now if he could only figure out how to make some money with it?
        The way the professionals do...
        Take three thousand pictures, pick out the best five and submit them for publication.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

And I hope ya got your foot on the brake; cause there are two Stude's visible in the windshield. Great Shot & hope it cool's off for your week-end projects.

pwbrown

Comment

Gee, thanks fellas. [:I]

Here's a shot of the whole car...

Cool Stude. [8D]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Cool Stude. [8D]
              For sure! [^]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

How many parts left in that red convertible?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

How many parts left in that red convertible?
                  There's some pieces left. It's a '51 Champion 4 door that had the roof hacked off. It was one of the display cars in a "Studebakers" restaurant.

Comment

Matt,
                    That's a really nice shot of the '38. I particularly like the angle that you used to take the photo. Nice job.
                    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Thanks Rog. Sometimes a wrecked Lark is better for standing on than a step ladder.

Comment

Cool pics, Matt! I'd love to take that 38 on a leisurely 2-lane cruise to nowhere in particular! Windows down, six hummin' away out front, speed held between 30 & 40MPH so I could use the kickdown feature instead of shifting gears, swirling air perfumed with a hint of vintage interior - what a ride!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Biggsie, the car still has all its original Mohair interior. And it still smells the same as it did in 1938.

Inviting, eh?

This car has service stickers from Coccaro Bros. in Bellmore, NY. I found out yesterday that that is where SDC Founder, Harry Barnes, lived.

When George K. bought the car 15 years ago from New Jersey, he said there was an SDC International meet plaque in the car, from the early 70's.

So, this car WAS in the SDC back years ago. And it spent a good amount of time in Bellmore, NY.

Does ANYONE remember this car? Have a picture of it at a meet 35 years ago?

I can't help but wonder if this car was owned by Harry Barnes.. How could would that be.

Comment

quote:This car has service stickers from Coccaro Bros. in Bellmore, NY. I found out yesterday that that is where SDC Founder, Harry Barnes, lived.

When George K. bought the car 15 years ago from New Jersey, he said there was an SDC International meet plaque in the car, from the early 70's.

So, this car WAS in the SDC back years ago. And it spent a good amount of time in Bellmore, NY.

Does ANYONE remember this car? Have a picture of it at a meet 35 years ago?

I can't help but wonder if this car was owned by Harry Barnes.. How could would that be.

My family had a Studebaker dealership in Merrick, Long Island, NY in the '50s/'60s. My Dad said that Harry Barnes would come by to look at the Studebakers and get literature. When they closed the dealership in the late '60s, they gave Harry all the prewar parts. My Dad said they "....filled up Harry's pre-war Studebaker sedan with parts".

Maybe this was the car that hauled all those pre-war parts away......

Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Wow, that's incredible that your '38 Stude comes originally from Bellmore, L.I. I can't say that it belonged to Harry Barnes, but it's a nice subject to think about. Bellmore is about a 25 minutes drive from my home in Smithtown, L.I.
                              I can't believe how nice the interior is on the car.
                              FANTASTIC!
                              Rog

Smithtown,NY
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X