Mayfield Village Fabulous 50's Cruise '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayfield Village Fabulous 50's Cruise '09

The Ohio Region had its first near summer get together last night in Mayfield Village. Here are a few pictures. Supposedly 1100 cars show up. The cars cruise in a circle on Wilson Mills Road between I-271 and Route 91. The lots were full everywhere with bands playing, etc. Nice car watching. Wish we had more Studes, but a Hawk showed up that we haven't seen at a local meet. Huge thanks to Larry and Phillis Huston and son Keith for allowing us in front of his veterinary business for Studebaker only parking. Believe me, parking was at a premium anywhere nearby and we had a great spot right next to a Barbecue Restaurant with a great smelling grill going outside!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

The Huston's '64. Had BP been there, we could have had twins.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Not a Stude, but I like it. [8D] I had a real one back in the day and sold it for rent money.

[img][/img]

Love the color combo on that Hawk!

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Hey,theres a CORDOBA behind that Hawk!

Comment

Yes sir Dave,it sure is.
        I would love to have another with leather,400/4-barrel,consol shift,and all the other goodies. Had loads of fun with the one I had.

Comment

What was really great is that every level of car rebuild and patina were in the mix and could join in the cruise line at any time. No one made fun of anything and all were running strong with every level of exhaust noise. More importantly, no one broke down and had to be pushed out of the way. Terrific venue and crowd. [8D]

Comment

Here's the back half of that Hawk.

[img][/img]

An example of the different levels. The Corvette was beautiful (not the mirrors, though) and the Tempest behind him had a replica of a John & Tracy Smith's truck patina paint job. Not on purpose like theirs, but the same colors. They had it running nicely.
            At fifteen I practiced driving around Pasadena in that very model. Hey, got 100 on the test later that year.

[img][/img]

Comment

That Cordoba caught my eye, also. How times fly! Now it is a collector car. Back then, I had a dark green 1975 Cordoba with white leather and most everything else. It was my "first/main car". A guy came to my home to look at a Scamp/Swinger that I had for sale (also dark green). He looked in my garage and said; "How about that one?". I put a price on it and he bought it. He kept it for years and ran it to over 100K miles. He told me that he put brakes on it once and that was it for repairs.

The Cordoba in the picture appears to be a 1976 or 1977. It is hard to believe that any of them are now more than 30 years old and antiques.

I don't see anyone that I am related to, this time.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X