Transtar Headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transtar Headliner

What size and what is the spacing of the holes in the TRANSTAR headliner?

If your not driving a Studebaker Truck your not having FUN!

You may have to give more detail. I could ask my brother about his Transtar, but I'm not clear what you want to know. Of course, there are some very active forum members who also have Transtars. Maybe one of them will answer first.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

The headliner has about a thousand little holes in it. I need to know what size are these little holes are(1/64)?. and the spacing between the rows ... maybe 1/4in...so I can make a template to drill the holes in my replacement headliner. The repro ones for C-cab trucks are solid cardboard. 2R and 3R trucks headliners were all solid. I don't know if the holes were added in the TRANSTAR headliner for design or ventilzation.

Mark Thompson

Comment

Are you talking about perforations that cover the entire surface? Making that many holes would be a ton of work.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

But adding the perforations would make for a more correct and authentic restoration. Attention to detail makes a difference. Alas, I don't have a Stude pickup nearby, so I can't be of much assistance.

LH
          Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Yes 52-fan drilling all those holes IS going to be a lot of work. Lark Hunter you hit the nail on the head. This Transtar pickup I got from Montana up next to Canandan border. It was worked hard but is rust free!! I am restoring it frame up. I think it deserves it. It is a Deluxe half ton. two-tone paint. "Turqueoise body Artic white top".

Mark Thompson

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 57 Stude pickup

What size and what is the spacing of the holes in the TRANSTAR headliner?
              Depends on how creative the mice were!

Seriously, it seems that once you determine the spacing and pattern, you could make a pin jig of some sort that would allow you to punch a multiple pattern of holes. The key would be to make it even and repeatable to get the desired effect.

John Clary
              Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
              SDC member since 1975
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I checked my 1956 Transtar today and the headliner did't have any holes in it except the stiching holes. They must have started in 1957

Comment

Transtarken, Thanks for checking. Your truck must have a headliner replaced some time in its life or maybe ,if you have an early production 56 it might have come with the early headliners.

I know there are a dozen or more people on this site that have 57 Transtars. Plus all the later year C-cab trucks. Can any-one help me with mi question?

Comment

Working...
                  X