PRODUCTION NUMBERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRODUCTION NUMBERS

I HAVE DONE SOME RESEARCH ON MY 58 4DR CHAMPION REGARDING PRODUCTION NUMBERS. I AM TOLD THAT THE 6CY, A.T. COMBONATION IN THE CHAMPION IS ODD....HOW MANY WERE PRODUCED WITH AUTO TRANS?

Studebaker didn't keep detailed records of that nature. To answer the question, you'd have to manually examine every individual 1958 "G" Production Record, which would take days. (Or if you're wealthy, you could pay the museum a considerable sum to research it for you!) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

All Studebakers are odd.
      Few Studebakers are odd enough to be valuable.
      Please let us know exactly what you are interested in and you will get a bunch of great info.
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 907-1958 CHAMPION

I HAVE DONE SOME RESEARCH ON MY 58 4DR CHAMPION REGARDING PRODUCTION NUMBERS. I AM TOLD THAT THE 6CY, A.T. COMBONATION IN THE CHAMPION IS ODD....HOW MANY WERE PRODUCED WITH AUTO TRANS?

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Like Bob P. said, I don't know of this breakout of AT vs. Std.
        By 1958, I do not think that this combination would be "odd".
        My guesstimation is that about one-half of the 1958 Champion production would have been automatic transmission.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Since we all have to guess on this one, I put mine in as 70% Standard & Overdrive, and 30% with Flight-O-Matic Trans. not that it really affects the value of a '58 Champion, or matters at all. [:0]

Think about what the experience would be like when you park your Ford or '54 Chev. Powerglide or maybe '56 Commander Automatic at the dealer and take a test drive in a new 185 c.i. Champion with Flight-O-Matic, thinking you could save a buck. And then you step on the go pedal and wait, and wait and wait for some action to happen!!! [xx(]

That would be when most people would opt for the Commander or the Overdrive Champion! []

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

185 flathead cubes strapped to an auto... I pity those poor, smoldering rear tires[)]!!
            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Surely you meant "I pity those poor, molding rear tires!"[xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey 907-1958,
                Does your '58 Champion have the optional quad headlights? Most of the others (1958 Champions) I've seen have 7" singles stuck into the pods that were grafted on for the sole purpose of adding quads, topped off by a strange bezel to fill in the gaps on both sides of the single sealed beam. I wonder why they didn't just use the same setup as the '58 Scotsmans on those cars?

LH

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Surely you meant "I pity those poor, molding rear tires!"[xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

A precisely timed neutral drop [xx(] might make something smolder!
                  LH

Comment

QUAD HEADLIGHTS ON MINE.

Comment

QUAD HEADLIGHTS ON MINE.
                      Sounds like yours is a pretty high zoot Champion. I'm kinda fond of '58 Studebakers- Ya just don't see many of them, though. I think there were a bit less than 45,000 Studes total built for 1958, of which 38 percent were Scotsmans, so there weren't many around in 1958, either.

LH

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter
                        [
                        Sounds like yours is a pretty high zoot Champion. I'm kinda fond of '58 Studebakers- Ya just don't see many of them, though. I think there were a bit less than 45,000 Studes total built for 1958, of which 38 percent were Scotsmans, so there weren't many around in 1958, either.

LH
                        53,886 Studebaker CARS for the 1958 model year. You may be referring to the number of cars built and sold in the US (44,759). 39% (20.870) were Scotsman.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                        X