Kelly Ripa 6/11/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Ripa 6/11/09

During the Host Chat at the beginning of today's "Live with Regis and Kelly" television show, Kelly Ripa stated that Studebaker was "...a passing fancy."

I wrote to the show's inbox explaining the error in her statement in that Studebaker manufactured vehicles for 114 years which is longer than GM, Ford or Chrysler.

It may help if the show hears from a few others and doesn't just pass off my correction/comment as the lunatic fringe.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Kelly Ripa is "Passing Fancy" She'll be long forgotten whilst folks are still Studebakerdrivers...

Comment

I am not so sure that I will waste any of my time responding to this show. You have all heard the statement..."there is no such thing as a dumb question." We all have heard and probably made dumb statements. It is to the confetti brained celebrity minimalists seen daily on TV that I pose my new signature "dumb question" to. Since few of them have ever ventured far enough from their protected celebrity compounds to be exposed to a live "possum" or one of us "common folk", it would not be a stretch to imagine one of them asking the question below.

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Are grown possums born dead in the middle of the road?
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Gary,you say you wrote to the show.. Was that an email? Can you tell us the address?
        Why did the chicken cross the road? -To prove to the possum it could be done.

Oglesby,Il.
        " He's not happy unless there's some piece of $#%& in the driveway to work on"
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I wrote. Can't hurt. I wrote that that passing fancy helped a fair number of folks who were passing west in the last half of the 19th century![:0][B)][:X]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm surprised Regis didn't set her straight.
              He's a Notre Dame grad...1953...so he probably knows all about Studes.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

During the Host Chat at the beginning of today's "Live with Regis and Kelly" television show, Kelly Ripa stated that Studebaker was "...a passing fancy."
                I am the President of The San Joaquin Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. We happen to own 6 Studebakers I can assure you that they are not just a passing Fancy. Tell that to the 15,000 members of the International Stude baker Drivers Club. Also Look for Studebakers on the road on July 4th for the first ever International Drive your Studebaker Day.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
                Fresno,Ca
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Done. I mentioned that the SDC has 13,000 members.

Oglesby,Il.
                  " He's not happy unless there's some piece of $#%& in the driveway to work on"
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk
                    I mentioned that the SDC has 13,000 members.
                    And a lot of cranky people in its website.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

oops. I thought this might be an eye candy thread. Silly girl, that Kelly. A mere child.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I wrote the darling Ms Ripa (be still my beating heart) some facts and a short but inspiring dialog. One that i hope will encourage her to accept my offer of a personal history lesson on the subject including free text book use.

A slight amount of chastisment was tendered to Regis for not correcting a sweet but incorrect in this matter Ms Ripa.

Comment

As a follow up i also felt that it was only fitting that i invite Regis and the darling Ms. Ripa to come to Ceder Rapids and see that passing fncy up close.

I don't know about regis but i can see kelly in Bibs chowing down on some smoked pork with the STF group.

Comment

<<Sigh>>... I long for a day when something like this is all I have to be concerned about[:I] JBoyle, you probably hit on exactly what they'll think- if they even read the emails[|)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

<<Sigh>>... I long for a day when something like this is all I have to be concerned about[:I] JBoyle, you probably hit on exactly what they'll think- if they even read the emails[|)]

[purple]Robert (Bob) Andrews-

I don't expect that Regis and/or Kelly read all of the e-mails. I do believe that someone on the show's staff does read the e-mails. Nearly everyday some viewer e-mails are selected to be read on air. I thought that with enough inputs that Studebaker might get noticed.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X