Several photos of Studebakers at the Power Tour st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several photos of Studebakers at the Power Tour st

A sliding roof wagon that is supercharged and a 5 speed and a Studebaker diesel truck that is supercharged and turbocharged.

Phil Harris's beautiful diesel truck. No other vehicle on the power tour was both supercharged and turbocharged

The Avanti with six cylinders in the engine compartment, the other two in the interior.

sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Malcom and Phil were just 'visiting' at this stop on the 'Tour' weren't they?
    They aren't doing the whole tour are they?
    Just curious..
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

They were just there for the day in Dayton, Ohio
      sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Gene,
        Your Avanti is coming along nicely! []

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I drove my old '49 2R10 over to Don Garlit's place once to see the cars at the Power Tour stop at his place.
          They wouldn't let me park in the regular parking area and insisted that I part in the show area...
          Amazing to see the crowd attraction to Studebakers, no matter what the condition.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by grobb284

They were just there for the day in Dayton, Ohio
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jeff: You are right, there was great interest in Phil's truck and that older guy's Wagonaire.

Dick, thanks for the kind words, I posted some recent photos on Racing Studebakers.

Here's a link to the photos:http://racingstudebakers.com/stl-web...t=795&start=30

Comment

Phil's truck w/the Avanti is in one of the pics on this thread from over at the BangShift Forum. There is also a black GT Hawk in one of the pictures.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
              X