I'm Sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Sick

This Girl ran into the Golden Hawk on the way to the Chapter Meeting tonight.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Anne, I'm sorry and know how you feel. Can't really do much from here but commiserate. Keep us updated.

Everybody OK?

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Whoa... I know it doesn't help, but I surely feel your pain.

And the worst thing about it is, the ditz who did it probably has no concept of the fact the mental damage is worse than the metal.

"Here - let me just get back on the phone (which of course I was yammering on when I hit you) and call my insurance agent. What? It's only a scratch..."

I may be morally opposed to capital punishment, I'm willing to make exceptions...

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
      In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
      If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Yeah she kept saying it was an accident. Bad thing is Bobby and David were driving the Golden Hawk I was already at the restaurant waiting for them. I saw them drive by then they didn't show up. Bobby called one of our members and he gave me his phone it was a block away. I walked down there. I told her that they didn't do her any favors by calling me to come down there. David wanted to make sure he had his insurance papers. They were in the glove compartment. I told her I couldn't believe that she could hit our car. She didn't have a clue. Boy when she tells her parents that she hit a Studebaker and that it was only a GoldenHawk. Boy are they gonna hit the roof. I asked for her license it said she should wear glasses I asked her where they were. She said she had contacts in. I didn't ask for proof. Thanks for letting me rant.

Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
        Fresno,Ca
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

This Girl ran into the Golden Hawk on the way to the Chapter Meeting tonight.
          Thats just way too bad, i know your heartbrokn after all that work. I know it's a machine but that don't keep us from having feelings about them.

Hope she at realized what she had done.

Comment

After all that work!! I'm extremely sorry to see that, Anne. OUCH

Comment

I feel your pain and loss [xx(]... that sux![B)]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island Chapter
              http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

It's a stone drag, but it WILL be fixed and the careless young girl WILL pay for the repairs, so all will be well in the world again fairly soon!

Beware the insurance company blues, however. My wife was rear ended once while driving a REALLY nice Stude on the 405 freeway and the insurance company told her the car was worth $1200 and they were totalling it. It took a full year with a lawyer and they settled on the courthouse steps for $7500 (the limits of the policy). After giving the lawyer $2500 we had exactly $300 left after all the repairs were done.

I hate insurance companies.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

Thanks for letting me rant.
                  You call that ranting!??? My wife, Peggy, probably would have been arrested! Hang in there. It can be fixed.

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Comment

I can't tell you how much i hate insurance companys, You have to fight them tooth & nail just to get a decent offer. Hope you come out alright. But i'm sure it will not be worth the effort.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I'd be the first to say how much I hate insurance companies-they're a necessary evil. But 99% of insurance adjusters are out there trying to do the best job they can to arrive at a fair repair amount. When my Lark was hit,the adjuster treated it as if it were his own car,paid for all NEW parts to do the job right.
                      Anne,have a parts list ready,with dollar amounts,when the adjuster gets there.[you are the expert in this case,as you know where to find the parts,and how much work will be involved to put the car back in shape.] I'd imagine the adjuster might cringe at the idea of having to 'hunt' for Studebaker parts! You will make his job easier.
                      So don't go on the offensive before the claim is even filed!!

Oglesby,Il.
                      " He's not happy unless there's some piece of $#%& in the driveway to work on"
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Anne - This sucks, so sorry to heard about it. Hang in there, I know it will get fixed as good as new.

Chip
                        '63 Cruiser daily driver
                        '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                        Chip
                        '63 Cruiser
                        '57 Packard wagon
                        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Sorry to see this, Anne. I agree with Allan, it'll be a dance, and even the best insurance policy won't make you whole again. In this case, you never seem to get what you pay for. I put 340,000 Km an my driver and I love it. A lady hit me and the company wrote it off for half what it cost to repair. Try to find a replacement!!!!
                          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

[:0]Was she on the phone?...talking or texting! There was a time when we mainly had to worry about drunks or daydreamers. Now it is doped up dizzy headed freaks going deaf with loud music blaring and texting while attempting to drive. (Although in your case the young lady may have been blinded by the dazzling shine of the Golden Hawk)

Oh well...another saga to add to the "Flight of the Blue Hawk!"
                            Good luck and I hope it lives to fly again soon!

John Clary
                            Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
                            SDC member since 1975
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Anne,
                              So sorry to hear (& see) about your accident. As I've said many times, there are too many nitwits on the road. It'll get fixed, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
                              It's just too easy to get a driver's license in this country.
                              We should take a page out of European countries books regarding the acquisition of driver's licenses.
                              Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X