• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Studebaker Corridor New Plans Now Online

Ignition Park
    Plans are now online.....

(story)

(copy)

Ignition Park is located on land that once was home to the Studebaker Corp., the storied automotive company that made South Bend a leading industrial center before closing more than 40 years ago.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Could someone take Jeffs photo, photoshop some numbers on it and label each earth baren spot as to what was there before.

If a larger pic can't be found then just go left to right I guess.

Thanks.

ChopStu

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1927...253197,00.html ChopStu Stew
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Ignition Park
      Plans are now online.....

(story)

(copy)

Ignition Park is located on land that once was home to the Studebaker Corp., the storied automotive company that made South Bend a leading industrial center before closing more than 40 years ago.
      Thats quite a powerhouse of partnership behind this project. More than likely unstoppable in todays needs for local jobs. One would think they wouldn't want any bad publicty however and could give SASCO more time to divest and allow a new owner to relocate the inventory. It would only make good bussiness sense to avoid the stain of driving a viable company out of bussiness.

Comment

A couple years ago some Renovation Guy, I think from Salt Lake City, bought the Administration Building to renovate it and turn it into his headquarters. How'd that turn out? Anybody got any before and afters? Dan

Comment

Lets add this to the high tech presentation: "Incorporated into the park is the former Studebaker engineering building, where all those great technological inovations happened so many years ago. The building, which will be restored to its former glory, contains the largest collection of vintage car parts in the world and is the mecca for Studebaker enthusiasts worldwide."

Just a dream I suppose....

Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
          1961 Lark Crusier
          1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
          Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Dan,

I would suggest that instead of writing posts on a forum , you should be writing civil government policy . If only the picture were as nice as your words.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

oops, forgot to mention that I bought 13 Lotto tickets today for tomorrow night's drawing. Dreams DO come true. Just one more thing for Lubbock to be famous for..................

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

For all you activists...

Q: Who should I contact about Ignition Park?

A: Contact Don Inks, director of economic development for the City of South Bend. Phone: 574-235-9371; e-mail: dinks@southbendin.gov.

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                ~Nitram~
                57 Transtar

Comment

Sounds like they have done a lot of work, spent a lot of money and destroyed a lot of history to create a... big vacant lot.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
                  http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Yep, but it made all those wistful photos from the ZM possible...

Being in Ath & Rec, actually, I'm picturing the sports-field complex of all time...geez, there must be two dozen FB/soccer fields' worth of open greenspace there now.

Still wish it were possible to move SASCO to the old Hamilton plant!

S.

Comment

Working...
                    X