• Show
Clear All

• Matthew Burnette

Matthew was at our North Georgia SDC chapter meeting sunday,
    his grandfather,uncle&cousin were there also.Matthew drove
    up 177 miles in his 58 Commander.It was great seeing him
    and talking with him.Christine looks&sounds real good.Maybe
    one day we can have a joint meeting with the South Georgia
    Chapter.I understand he is still up in north Georgia.

Lenny
    Atlanta Ga.

Matthew is a great kid and we're all very proud of him. Over time he has shown himself to have a maturity beyond his years, no doubt assisted in its development by grandpa's boot up the butt if he did anything wrong. It's fair to say he'd be welcome anywhere in the world should he be able to travel one day. Should be more young folks like him.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

John,

I second your comments about Matthew!!

He has been an asset to this Forum, and a promoter of the Studebaker marque. And he is quickly gaining a lot of 'windshield' time behind a Studebaker steering wheel!!

Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

yeah, well, if he's so great, then why did he play hookie last night from Monday Night Chat??[?] We talked about wild animal meals and he wasn't there to give us Jawjuh recipes. [V] Oh, well, maybe he was out saving Studedom.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas. And thank you Lenny for the phone call.

I left on Saturday heading up to the Atlanta area.. And just now got back home. (Tuesday evening). 177 miles each way.

I had a great time. Probably the best chapter meeting I've ever attended, ever! [8D]

MANY thanks to the Elliott's for everything. [^] Tom and his wife are great, to say the least.

Look for a story in Turning Wheels soon.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Lenny, James,Josh, and I Also enjoyed being with you all. Tom and Maurine were excellent host. Every one treated us like we were special or somthing. We drove up in the old "SHADOW" Sunday morning. Would you believe 4 Black Hawks in one guy's front yard? I thought they were rare. I tried to count all the Studebakers there but I kept getting distracted. Thanks again every one. NT

Neil Thornton
            Hazlehurst, GA
            '57 Silver Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '51 2R16 dump truck
            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Start saving your money Matthew, and come down to see us sometime. Bring that "old fella" (smile) Neil Thornton too. Now that Delta (Atlanta Based I think) fly to Australia it's not so hard to get here. Why, we even speak English (of a fashion) Laughs.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
              X