Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK GUYS-send/post this everywhere! It can't hurt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK GUYS-send/post this everywhere! It can't hurt.

Do we have Dennis' approval to do this?
    Not bad, but a few grammatical and spelling corrections may be in order.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No.Did not ask.Just did.He as much posted the same thing here.If we are going to worry about spelling and permission,then just ignore it and do nothing till the stuff disappears.Don't know why I bothered.

Comment

With the original picture deleted, I have no idea what this is about. Can anyone clear it up?

Chip
        '63 Cruiser daily driver
        '57 Packard wagon on the road!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Yes, Rich; the entire text of your original post just appears as a "photo deleted" warning. ???? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Apparently, when you are using Photobucket, they must keep some kind of control over the pictures you upload to their service. When I first signed up to the forum, I followed the instructions to use Photobucket for posting pictures. Later, I decided to delete a couple of the first pictures on my Photobucket account. They not only delete them from your account but also delete them from anywhere else you used them. Including your old forum posts. I don't understand how or why that works, but that is what happened in my case.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I think it has to do with the fact that photobucket is a "photo hosting" site. Whenever you use a photo on photobucket on a different website, the website uses the data on the photobucket site to produce the photo on the forum (or other website or whatever else you may use it for) If you delete the photo from the "host", there is no data to draw from to produce a photo, thus, Photobucket sends a "this photo has been deleted" image in its place. Does that make sense?

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Now that the salt is off the roads, she is getting back into regular rotation!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raoul5788

With the original picture deleted, I have no idea what this is about. Can anyone clear it up? Chip
                What was posted was a one page SASCO history and a rally cry of sorts to save what's there before it is gone forever~ something of a "here's how it came to be~ now buy some parts, or buy the company- but save it any which way you can" sort of thing. It had lots of good info, and a few typos/errors which would've taken just a few minutes to fix. I would spread it around if I could fix those first, but I didn't save it, and it's gone now...

Any chance it'll come back Rich [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave '57 [8D]

StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I have a copy of it in my e-mail. I think it was a good, pro-active start!

Maybe it was deleted by Rich purposely; if not I'll be glad to share it if Rich wants it shared.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:
                    I think it has to do with the fact that photobucket is a "photo hosting" site. Whenever you use a photo on photobucket on a different website, the website uses the data on the photobucket site to produce the photo on the forum (or other website or whatever else you may use it for) If you delete the photo from the "host", there is no data to draw from to produce a photo, thus, Photobucket sends a "this photo has been deleted" image in its place. Does that make sense?
                    Exactly. I would also add that if you decide to move photos around within Photobucket, such as I did when I decide to organize them into folders, that Photobucket will not update the locations for Forum. The forum will search out only the data on the location of the last known location of the photo, so if the photo is moved within Photobucket, the forum will come back saying the photo has been deleted or moved. This will require the user to update the photo location in the thread, or basically reloading the photo in the post. It's kinda like cleaning a room, and then not being able to remember where you put all of your stuff on the now organized shelves. I think we've all been there [)].

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/DSC00017-1-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                    [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/DSC00017-4-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                    [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                    [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I put a special file/folder in Photobucket called "forum pics". Anything I post online, I copy the pic and put it in there and don't touch it. That way I know which pics are used in a thread.

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                      ~Nitram~
                      57 Transtar

Comment

Working...
                      X