'63 Daytona Bucket Seat Upper Part #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Daytona Bucket Seat Upper Part #'s

I found some seat covers at SASCO for '63 Daytonas in black with white pleated inserts. Since upholstery #'s are so hard to find I thought I'd share:

1354796x1

However, they don't come up in the search of the online inventory.

SASCO did have some other colors in stock too, all in original boxes - the red and white ones were especially nice.

I was looking for a set of 64 Daytona bucket seat vinyl, but all I could find was a set of bronze colored ones in the loose pile (if you go to SASCO, you'll know what I mean). I would have bought them, but both bottoms were passenger side ones.

I search for a long time (with a VERY patient wife), but I could only find the lower covers for '62 bucket seats. They're in black and white too, but they are a different style. I may use all of the pieces together, but I may also get some lowers made to match the '63 backs. I'll post the part #'s for the 62's after I get them in the mail.

If anyone visits SASCO and searches upstairs for upholstery, please post part #'s if you happen to find the matching covers to the ones I found - bottoms for '63's and uppers for '62's! I'm willing to trade the sets of bottoms or tops to match either set. Happy hunting.

I was actually amazed at how many bucket seat pieces were available. I was under the impression from my last visit that almost everything for buckets was gone. That's not true, but it may take some real searching and compromising on color and style to get a full seat - driver's side bottoms were few and far between.

Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    '60 Lark HT
    '63 Wagonaire
    Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

As I've said previously, it's not easy to get access to everything.

May not be worth the effort, for what you can get a new set from JDP for... I believe it's around 4 bills for a complete set, new, not rotted, not stinky. Still, I hope the NOS interior stuff can get saved...

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

What about '63 2 door door panels at SASCO? Do they have any? Colors? As I live in CA, remote chance of me getting there before they close. :-(

Comment

Bullet,

SASCO had lots of door panels. I didn't go through them because I have what I need already. They should have something close to what you're looking for. They also have the upholstery catalog and can look up what you need, but it will probably cost you a little more.

Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        '60 Lark HT
        '63 Wagonaire
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

When I went through that pile, yeah bucket pieces are available. But, it was certain colors(the pure black bucket pieces), that seemed to be long gone. I settled on some tan and white something or other pieces that I will have to dye black though.

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/DSC00017-1-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
          [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/DSC00017-4-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
          [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
          [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Strangely enough, I was able to find the black and white lower driver's side piece that matched the passenger side piece I found upstairs. It was literally the only black bucket piece in any of the piles anywhere. As anyone who has ordered from or been to SASCO before, you can get a completely NOS interior for your 64 or 65 Daytona as long as you like green!

Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            '60 Lark HT
            '63 Wagonaire
            Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            \'60 Lark HT
            \'63 Wagonaire
            \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

quote:Originally posted by scott.rodgers

As anyone who has ordered from or been to SASCO before, you can get a completely NOS interior for your 64 or 65 Daytona as long as you like green!
              If someone needed a complete 64 Daytona Hardtop in green how would they go about ordering it. Do you need part numbers for every piece, would they pull the parts for you, or would you have to go to South Bend and dig?

Nick

Comment

How much are these seat covering pieces?

and... how long does one need to soak them in pine-sol or some other cleaning medium to remove the less than factory fresh smell

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
                The Replacements.
                \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                The Replacements.

Comment

The prices for the pieces were $25 ea. for loose pieces and $65 for the boxed pieces upstairs. The boxed stuff doesn't smell bad. The other loose stuff smells... well, it smells. I washed a set of Wagonaire vinyl covers about 5 or 6 times after I bought them a couple of years ago during the Int'l meet in South Bend. They don't smell too bad now, unless you stick your nose in them and take a big whiff.

You do need to order the upholstery by part #. Of course, no one has that book with the numbers in it - that's why I've posted numbers I've run across. However, SASCO does have this mythical book - I'm unsure though how much research they'll do for you. It can't hurt to try and ask them.

Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  '60 Lark HT
                  '63 Wagonaire
                  Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  \'60 Lark HT
                  \'63 Wagonaire
                  \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I gotta say, in '02 I (like so many others) picked thru the giant piles of loose and un-marked bits of upholstery. I had a 62 wagon at the time that I fancied finding new upholstery for. The car was light blue W/blue interior.
                    I had no real idea of what I was looking at and didn't really worry about having THE EXACT patterns and colors FOR a '62. What I ended up with was 3 sets of like, blue, colth/vinyl covers for 64 2dr sedan rear seats - 3 tops, 3 bottoms. They ended up being put in a box and stashed in the rafters and forgotten about.
                    I GAVE the wagon away some time later and the seat covers stayed put. It was only last year that I re-discovered them and thought MAYBE they could be put to use on this 63 Cruiser. My upholstery guy was willing to do what he could with what I supplied and he used almost all 6 pieces to cover the rear seats and the split bench fronts. It ain't "original", but IT IS genuine Studebaker!
                    I've got a set of blue door panels for a 63 4-door on their way (may be here today yet!) and I bought an original headliner from SASCO as well - perforated light blue, just as original.

I can say that the pieces I picked outta the piles seven years ago did not stink whatsoever. Blue's gonna be one fine ride right soon! We's gonna go Cruisin' wit da Cruiser, we is![^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm to see how much it would be for Phantom Auto Works to make me some matching bottoms...

Scott Rodgers
                      Los Angeles
                      SDC Member since 1989
                      '60 Lark HT
                      '63 Wagonaire
                      Scott Rodgers
                      Los Angeles
                      SDC Member since 1989
                      \'60 Lark HT
                      \'63 Wagonaire
                      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Phantom can make me matching bottoms for $545 - a fair price. The swatches they sent me were exact matches too.

Scott Rodgers
                        Los Angeles
                        SDC Member since 1989
                        '60 Lark HT
                        '63 Wagonaire
                        Scott Rodgers
                        Los Angeles
                        SDC Member since 1989
                        \'60 Lark HT
                        \'63 Wagonaire
                        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment