Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD: Stude woodgrain photos

Greetings,

I have a post on the Studebaker newsgroup about my DIY woodgrain paper.

I have offered to mail one member of the group some samples I made so that he can post his honest opinion of it.

What I would like to do is duplicate the original Studebaker woodgrain as closely as possible using my methods and then scan it to a CD. I could e-mail the file to anyone who could put it on a CD and take it to a color copier to make a print. Color copiers have permanent inks and you can put your choice of varnish finish over them.

There are some size restrictions. Color copiers do up to 11" x 17". Larger pieces have to be done with two prints that are bookmatched.

If you can e-mail me some pictures of original woodgrain I would appreciate it.

Stewart Schooley
    genus@ncweb.com

Stewart

Need to know which woodgrain you want ? 62 Lark, 63 Hawk, 64 Hawk. I think there were two shades in 63 Hawks too.

JDP
    Arnold Md.
    Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
    64 Commander 2 dr.
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP,

I haven't been here long enough to know if most of you here also read the newsgroup. I had the same question asked there.

Here is a link to my answer and I included pictures of my woodgrain art work.

Stewart

Stewart

Comment

The radio repair work looks nice. Thing is, save for a GT Hawk dash insert or maybe the the facia trim on '66 dashes, I can't see how anything I could print out would work on compound curved surfaces such as are found in most other Studebaker applications.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X