Production Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Data

In the process of putting together a special issue on the 1952 Studebakers for the Garden State Champion. Does anyone have the production numbers available for 1952? I would like to include them in the newsletter. Thanks in advance.
    George

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Assume you mean cars, not including trucks. The number I have is 186,239. I don't have Fred Fox's article on the 52s handy, so maybe somebody could confirm that number.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks, Skip. Yes, cars not trucks.

George

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

52 Champions total production: 101,389

South Bend: 75,907
        Los Angeles:10,341
        Hamilton: 9,953
        Export: 5,189

52 Commander total production: 84,850

SB: 70,811
        LA: 10,603
        HM: 1,734
        EX: 1,702

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you, Mr. Biggs. You shall get a by-line!!
          George

Comment

1952 cars by body style -

4dr sedan 103,660
            2dr sedan 30,357
            hardtop (Starliner) 26,647
            coupe (Starlight) 22,265
            convertible 3290

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

1710 Commander Convertibles, 1580 Champion Convertibles

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Wow i'm suprised they made more commander hardtops that starlite coupes. where'd they go. one of my favorite Studes

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Thank you, data shall be included.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

Wow I'm suprised they made more Commander hardtops than Starlite coupes. Where'd they go? One of my favorite Studes.
                    Well, Bob; the Starlight coupe was in its sixth year of production by 1952 at a time when "new" meant the very latest and greatest in automobiledum (I just made that up); certainly not something a whole six years old!

Now here's a brain teaser for which I have no answer:

In the Champion line, a Champion Regal Starliner (hardtop) was priced $165 more than a Champion Regal Starlight Coupe.

But in the Commander line, a Commander Regal Starliner (State hardtop) was priced $286 more than a Commander Regal Starlight coupe!

Go figure: Why would there be such a price difference within the same model for a given body style? The comparison is Champion-to-Champion versus Commander-to-Commander, so there are no drivetrain differences to explain it.

On the surface, you'd think the price difference would be the same within Champions or Commanders, regardless of what the figure actually was. [?][?] BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma

"Now here's a brain teaser for which I have no answer:"

Uhhh, because they were Studebaker and this was the first time they ever did something that didn't make sense?

Originally posted by Clonelark

"Wow i'm suprised they made more commander hardtops that starlite coupes. where'd they go. one of my favorite Stude"

In Ohio, they go to car shows!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

I hope to answer the question of where all 26,647 52 hardtops went by maintaining the registry on these. However I am still shy about 26,627 cars. You'll have to patient with me on this one...

Comment

Working...
                        X