Number 9 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 9 Avanti

For those of you that missed the Pacific Southwest Zone meet and the number 9 Avanti that was there, I have good news for you. The Avanti is being displayed at the California Automobile Museum (formerly Towe Auto Museum) in Sacramento. This month's car club cavalcade is Studebakers and we have placed it with our display. It will remain in the museum after the Studebaker club leaves so if you are in the Sacramento area, go check it out.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

I could swear I rode in that car once, in the middle '70s, in the San Fernando Valley. Anybody want to share some info on its history?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

What is the signifigance of the #9 car versus the #8, or #10?????
      Just curious....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The number 9 Avanti was the car that Andy Granetelli broke all the speed records at Bonneville back in 63. It has very few miles on the odometer but they got there quickly.... It's in amazingly terrific condition and has been well preserved.

Jon Stalnaker
        Editor, Hawk Talks
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey Guys, don't forget about Number 90........feeling left out of all the Love!

It won the E/SC in '63 @147.367 with a Granatelli 229ci R3 motor.

Comment

Working...
          X