PDA

View Full Version : Scales at CeRap?

bams50
06-04-2009, 07:44 PM
This has been toyed with in the past, so I got wondering: Think there would be interest in having scales for weighing cars at CeRap?

I still have a set of digital scales I could bring. It consists of four pads connected by cables to a control panel. The procedure would be to jack up all four wheels about 3" off the ground, slide the pads under, read, jack up, remove. They give total weight, weight at each wheel, left and right percentage, front and rear percentage, and cross weight (race car thing). Folks could get the true weight of their car; maybe even tinker with raising/lowering one end to see the change, change wheels, etc. Not sure how much use it would be to most, but fun to know.

It could be very informal, or in conjunction with the Meet. All it really would take is a level piece of payment, few hands to work the jacks, a few floor jacks, and a scribe to write down the numbers. I'll be there Monday afternoon till Thursday afternoon, so it would have to be Tues. and/or Wed.

Any interest? I don't really know how to approach the concept at this point; I know this forum is a small percentage of members, so I wouldn't know how to offer it so that those interested could make plans. This is posted on both the General and CeRap forums, because the CeRap forum gets very little traffic.

What do you think- viable, or not really worth the effort?

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131