This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928 Studebaker

I am visiting my wife's family in Guatemala. They just so happen to have a 1928 Studebaker in storage. Since I live in the US they asked me to investigate how to go about selling it.

I have taken about 30 pictures of the car. They are all very hi res, 6 MP. They have a title for the car that simply says 1928 Studebaker Limonsina (Spanish). But how can I know what model it is?

It has four doors and what appears to be 5 seats, front, back and a single jump seat. It appears to be an 8 cylinder, the block has a few numbers on it E82 and EAB with un cockeyed upside down F and then finally 8BA 8RT and a serial number 6520. The Serial number on the title is 2081###.

It is driveble and is stored in doors under a sheet in a farily dry area. The inerior wood rook looked great, but there have been some mods on the pedals and running boards. The wood wheels are still there. I could see some over painted rust, but not to bad considering it is approaching 80 years old.

So, what should I do? I realize the value drops some since it will have to crated and literally shipped to US. But what can I tell my relative to expect if we went through all the work. Is it a $500, $1000, $5000, $ 10,000, $20,000, $30,000 or more deal?

I have taken pictures of the engine compartment, the interior, and all four sides, the tires and some details. Are there particular angles or shots that buyers will want to see?

Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Richard Quinn is the best person to advise you on this car. If you can email pictures to me, I will forward them to him, or email me and I will give you his email address.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Richard Quinn is the best person to advise you on this car. If you can email pictures to me, I will forward them to him, or email me and I will give you his email address.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Thanks to Leonard and a friend, I have learned the following...

Well I have gotten some feedback already.

1. it has a flathead ford 8 as the engine.
        2. it is not a 1928, but more likely a 1925 or 1926
        3. it is a Studebaker Duplex Phaeton

Thanks Leonard and anyone else who can help out.

Comment

Thanks to Leonard and a friend, I have learned the following...

Well I have gotten some feedback already.

1. it has a flathead ford 8 as the engine.
          2. it is not a 1928, but more likely a 1925 or 1926
          3. it is a Studebaker Duplex Phaeton

Thanks Leonard and anyone else who can help out.

Comment

Working...
          X