Raising money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising money

How does your club do it? Car shows? Private donations? Dues?
    Our club could use some ideas.

I tossed one out to everyone today which went over pretty well. I said that I would hand wash and wax club member's cars for $50, which I would donate to the club. I told them that this would be great at the end of the car season before people put their cars away for the winter. Before my wife and I left the meeting today, I already had 3 lined up! We are talking about doing a group wash-n-wax. Should be a fun day!

What do you think?

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Carey
    Packard Hawk

The wash and wax sounds like a good idea. If I was closer, I'd take you up on that myself! Well worth $50 for a big ole 4 door.

About 10 years ago, my chapter had a hopped up Chevy 350 built. We had it mounted on a little trailer, and towed it to meets and shows all over South Georgia behind an Orange Studebaker truck. We sold raffle tickets, and made money on it. The guy that won it had the choice of the engine or $500.00 cash. He took the cash, and the engine was sold to a chapter member.

Just a couple years ago, we restored and raffled off a '51 Stude dump truck. Selling the tickets made us a good bit of money, and that was used for charity and our own meets.

I shouldn't have bought any tickets on that truck. I ended up winning the thing.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

We do a 50/50 drawing at every meet. That puts a little extra money in the treasury. Also at our business meeting in December, so folks put crafts they had made into a door prize raffle.

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Keep them coming! All chapters can benefit from this topic!

Matthew,

I will be taking care of a 55 President sedan this weekend. How much bigger is your car?

Carey
        Packard Hawk

Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

We do a 50/50 drawing at every meeting.
          I suggested having members clean out their garages, sheds, homes of stuff that they no longer needed. We are gathering it all up and having a yard sale this coming Saturday. All items on sale were donated to the club. So whatever the item/s sells for is profit for our local club.
          Hopefully it works well!

George
          Grants Pass, Oregon
          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car.

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe
          George King
          Grants Pass, Oregon
          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Our Chapter would do a steak fry. Each member would bring a side dish and the chapter would provide the steaks. Cost about $5 per person. The real income was an auction with members bringing donations (stude or non-stude) to auction. Besides being a lot of fun (not professional auctioneers) it would bring in several hundred dollars that more than paid for the steaks.

Comment

Working...
            X