Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought

I just left a local car show. I just want to say this: Car guys and girls are OK by me.

People who can restore, own, or maintain an old car have one common trait: They have an ability to have a singularity of purpose.

Car people are goal oriented, faithful to accomplishing a mission, and steadfast in their dedication to preserving that which important to them.

Wow! Does that sound like the perfect reciepe for a marriage?

I was walking around and thinking: All these people (including me) have channeled an extraordinary amount of energy into something and made it work, and insist it continue to work. This is a good quality. Think about it. Pat yourself on the back, and mention it to the significant other - Old cars = Good training for a good marriage.

I can second that! So far (only 4 years) my wife and I are still on our honeymoon. People talk about a "honeymoon stage" And after that it is all downhill...Either our "honeymoon stage" is lasting awfully long...or we just know how to work a marriage.

Posted by jg61hawk:

"Car people are goal oriented, faithful to accomplishing a mission, and steadfast in their dedication to preserving that which important to them.

Wow! Does that sound like the perfect reciepe for a marriage?"

I have to agree with you, here, this seems to make sense now that I take the time to look at it!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Now that the salt is off the roads, she is getting back into regular rotation!

Comment

Insert "your name" here.

Comment

Cathy and I both only had Studebakers when we met. We have been married for 45 years and more than 50 Studebakers. Cathy probably knows more about SDC and Studebakers than many on this Forum.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My wife and I share many things not the least of which is the custom '53 that has been in her family since before she was born. This common interest/hobby helps make our 7 1/2 year union richer and more fun. Man/woman marriage and Studes forever!

Tim-Custom '53 Commander Starlight aka The Studebird (under restoration) in Yuma, AZ
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I started dating Sonja in the fall of '71, she was only 15 at the time, & I have pictures of her helping me with bodywork my 66 Daytona that winter.(I knew she was "the one") We were married 3 years later & have worked side by side on any project you can think of............we will be married 35 years in August.

Comment

Well, I have now been restoring one Studebaker (11 years) longer than my first marriage (10 years). A smarter man would have quit both a lot earlier I think. But you got to stick with these things.

Comment

October 5, 2009 will mark our 46th year together. The current "project" was her idea but not to the extent that I have gone. She is a jewel, my wife that is-well, the 50 will be a jewel too when it is finished.

Jim and Judy
                Orleans, Indiana

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
                sigpicJimmie
                Orange County, Indiana
                1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Working...
                X