63 Lark 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Lark 6

This is one good reason I don't believe in the "book" pricing. This seems like a nice car but no way do I see even a newly upholstered Lark 6 sedan going for 11,ooo plus.
    I think the book pricing is "cooked".
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Quick, Tom Allen; there's your radio delete plate! [:0] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I don't know how the people who print those books come up with their prices, but I agree that a six cylinder sedan would not likely bring that kind of money.
      I thought it was strange that the seller mentions the need for upholstery, but has no pictures. A buyer would like to make up his own mind about how bad it really was.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

couple thou or a couple hunerd more for this nice lark needing just a bit or more. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I just sent him some questions about the condition of the floors and sheet metal, the VIN, and for photos of the interior . We will see what we get. bob.c

Comment

The Lark is baaaaack and still needs an interior. Also still no answer to questions. Oh well.... bob.c

Comment

.....I am the Stude person that this seller has talked with on the car and it's issues. The car is straight and very presentable. The interior is [|)]original cloth and worn from sun. I haven't driven the car because he wants $4000. for it. I advised him to take the car to Rutland this past weekend, but I guess the exhaust issues (and others) prevented him from doing so. If anyone wants a test drive and review of this car up close...let me know....

Comment

Sounds like his reserve is about 4k. It looks like a VERY nice car to me, and it has low miles. I bet it drives like new.

Comment

It does look like a nice example of a rose mist survivor, but if he is looking to get back what he paid for it in this economy, he might have a bit of a wait. Now, perhaps if it had a good interior or was a Cruiser, or some options........

60 Lark convertible
                  61 Champ
                  62 Daytona convertible
                  63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2)
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Hi jackb: thanks for the update. I wrote twice and told him I live only 70 miles away, but he did not answer. He mentions the interior and a transmission mount being the only two problems. Have you actually seen the car and did he start the car for you? I'm working on bringing the wife's attitude around right now, and a visit and test drive might be in order here. Thanks! BTW, are you a member of the Baystate Chapter? I was a few years back. bob.c

Comment

Working...
                    X