wiper arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiper arms

cleaning up my 56 wiper arms. What type metal are they made out of? One of mine has some sort of tarnish that looks like black paint over spay on it. It is just on the cover piece that covers the spring and has the rivet through it. Anyone know what may clean this??

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

4 0000 steel wool or sos pads and water

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

I tried SOS no luck. I think the metal turned color.
      Also for someone at a later date. I went to get new wiper blades today. To my surprise ANCO still makes a direct replacement blade assm. It is part# 20-12 , 305 MM. These will snap right on your org arm without using the new clips they give you. The big difference is the new blade track is NOT shinny, kinda a satin(I remember hearing the USA gov do not allow shinny wipers anymore). I had to have my org. shinny blade track so I removed the rubber blades fron the new tracks (took a little time as they are not the type you can just slide off) but it was worth it to me.) and reinsalled them on my old ones. Looks and works great

Comment

Material is stainless steel. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

can you post a pic of the "new" wipers? I would be very interested in a cheaper direct refill for the factory blades. I've been using the Corvette repro rubber, and it's a little on the pricey side and not that great actually (but it looks gloriously correct.)

BTW you can buy EXACT repro blades, if you don't have good stock ones, from Corvette vendors (even closer than the excellent and functional repros previously sold by Stephen Allen's, not sure who sells them now) but you will pay for 100% correctness.

I believe that the arms are all stainless steel except for the spring itself, so I'm not sure why your old ones won't polish up.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I don't know how to post pics, but send me your a e-mail and I will attach pics. The price for two was $14.00. These look perfect with the adjustments I made. Also, the wiper arms themselves look real good. They are SS for sure. The one cover is the one that is turning black on me. The other side is perfect.

Comment

I have a 56 that needed blades, and used a 28" ANCO P/n 32-28 wiper that I cut into. I used GO JO for a lubricant to slide them on with. Like you said, it take some time.

Comment

Working...
              X