Crank anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Somebody hit the BIN 4 minutes after you posted this thread![:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I kinda figured that might happen. I know they're the holy grail for some and figured it was a reasonable price.

Heck, the box alone is probably worth a few bucks -would make a great garage for a valve cover racer [8D]

Comment

OK who wants to bet a cup of coffee at the 2010 International Meet in AZ, who bought it?

No, I don't think Mike bought it for my Birthday present and Dave is motoring down Interstate 5, last seen headed North from Los Angeles!

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like a late one with the long nose , but I see nothing about numbers maybe it turns out to be a 259, ouch...

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

quote:Looks like a late one with the long nose , but I see nothing about numbers maybe it turns out to be a 259, ouch...
            Saw it, thought about it, and passed on it for that exact reason. It could be a good deal if it turns out to be a 289 Crank.

opps! I thought you guys were talking about this used one for $75 BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Used-Studebaker-289-Crankshaft_W0QQitemZ230345729654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Access ories?hash=item35a1ace676&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1 318

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
            Oakville, Ontario.
            Hamilton Chapter
            See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
            1964 GT Hawk
            PSMCDR 2014
            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
            PSMCDR 2013
            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

It IS in Maryland, I thought JDP got it, but then I saw the buyer has only 367 feedbacks, not even close!

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Another one, same seller, higher BIN:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm not interested in buying it (I already have a couple good 289 cranks), but I wrote the seller to ask if there was a part number tag on the box.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'll bet the buyer of that first crank is gonna have a long face when he gets his prize! Here's what the seller told me about this second crank....

"There is no sticker or tag anymore. The casting number off the crank in the pic is 1556997 They were from the same lot, so I believe them to be identical."

THAT casting number is for a TWO-FIFTY-NINE crankshaft. [:0][8]

EDIT: I see they've now added a disclaimer.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You guys will be amused by this:

From 1971-1975, I wasn't yet married and lived in a 10 X 50 mobile home in a nice mobile home community on the far west side of Indianapolis. (Actually, it was in Hendricks County, only one mile, as the crow flies, south of the 1/4-mile drag strip starting line at Indianapolis Raceway Park. 'Still had an Indianapolis address, though.)

I rented a tiny one-car garage from an older lady in Brownsburg, where I kept some tools and did small jobs. It was adjacent to the lower (basement) level of her house. A doorway into the basement allowed me basement access if I wanted it.

There was a small, unused coal room in that basement where she let me keep some parts, including one of these NOS Studebaker crankshafts I had bought from Hurwich Iron during the post-Studebaker-South-Bend give-aways.

I kept renting her garage for storage a long time after I got married, bought a house, and built a larger garage at home. I finally quit renting it about 12 years ago. She passed away and her son, a friend of mine, sold the house a couple years ago.

He called one day while they were cleaning out the house and asked, "Hey, Bob; there's a real heavy box that says Studebaker on it in Mom's coal room; did you leave something behind years ago?"

Yep, sure enough; I forgot I had placed that boxed, NOS Stude V-8 crank in her coal room! I went over and retrieved it and it's still in nice shape; the box is still sealed. (Not for sale, either!)

('Good thing he knew me, or he would have just thrown it out, in that it had been maybe ten years since I rented that garage from his mom! Yipes!)

I didn't know Alzheimers could set in at age 55. (Hopefully, that's a little joke!) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                      X