Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, after about 30 years of dragging my feet, I finally joined the SDC. I've enjoyed reading the forum for a while now and decided join in the fun here too! My Stude history starts with my '59 Lark VIII that my uncle gave me on my 15th birthday about 30 years ago as my first car and I still own it. I actually claimed it much earlier, I've included a picture of me with it in about 1968. The next photo is as it sits at the moment, so I won't be driving it to Cedar Rapids, but I will be there! The last photo is of my '60 ('59 front clip) "Marshal" (production order verified numbers matching 289 4bl) and my recently sold '60 V8 convertible. I've also got a couple '62 V8 4-doors (one cruiser) mostly for parts. I decided to let my convert go, so that I could focus on my '59 and my special ordered '60. Over the years I had a nice '63 Cruiser and a '50 Champion 2-door sedan (only 6 cylinder Stude I ever had!) I hope to fit in and will try and be helpful if I can. Thanks, Skinny

Skinny
    Watertown, SD
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Welcome from a Lark fanatic! I looked at your convertible a few times, it was just a little too far away from me here in NY.

Being that you know how, and are willing, to share pictures, you'll do just fine here!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Welcome to the Forum and the SDC, you'll like this place. See you in Cedar Rapids?

Frank van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Welcome

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Thanks, I used the video tutorial on how to insert photos and it helped a lot! I look forward to meeting other Lark fans, far and few between around here!

Skinny
          Watertown, SD

Comment

Welcome to the forum! You got some sweet projects, and as far as fitting in, it looks like you got that covered already.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Ah , a man with a TV in his garage ...welcome ...nice cars !

[IMG]
              Home of the Fried Green Tomato
              "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

No wonder everyone thinks Larks are Ramblers.. Just look at the hubcaps in the first pic!

Welcome aboard. That '60 two door sounds pretty cool.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Welcome Skinny. You have great taste in Larks and family pictures.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

WELCOME ABOARD!

Good to have you join the forum. I think you will like it here.

I just took my 50 Champion to get its final bodywork and paint job. Hope to have it back ASAP so I can get the new interior and new wireing harness installed along with some other things like windows and chrome. Chrome is at the shop being redone.

Hoping for June 27th but unlikely so shooting for July 4th so it can drive it on International Drive Your Studebaker Day!!

Jimmie
                    Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by Skinnys Garage

Hello everyone, after about 30 years of dragging my feet, I finally joined the SDC. I've enjoyed reading the forum for a while now and decided join in the fun here too! My Stude history starts with my '59 Lark VIII that my uncle gave me on my 15th birthday about 30 years ago as my first car and I still own it. I actually claimed it much earlier, I've included a picture of me with it in about 1968. The next photo is as it sits at the moment, so I won't be driving it to Cedar Rapids, but I will be there! The last photo is of my '60 ('59 front clip) "Marshal" (production order verified numbers matching 289 4bl) and my recently sold '60 V8 convertible. I've also got a couple '62 V8 4-doors (one cruiser) mostly for parts. I decided to let my convert go, so that I could focus on my '59 and my special ordered '60. Over the years I had a nice '63 Cruiser and a '50 Champion 2-door sedan (only 6 cylinder Stude I ever had!) I hope to fit in and will try and be helpful if I can. Thanks, Skinny

Skinny
                    Watertown, SD

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
                    sigpicJimmie
                    Orange County, Indiana
                    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Welcome aboard! Wow, another Marshal to add to the list. It's good to have you here, Skinny.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome aboard, Scott. That is very cool, your owning a real 289-powered 1960 Marshal. We knew they were available, but yours is the first documented one I've heard of in almost 50 years of looking for one (not to buy; just to verify their having been produced). BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Exactly, Bob! Skinny, we would love to see the production order, buddy. [^][^]

Comment

I knew the Rambler hubcaps would get noticed! Trust me I relate to the recent thread about "experts" explaining to me what my car is! When I got the car I took some gray duct tape (poor 15yr olds chrome) and covered the centers, then added a lazy S with a black marker (still have those too!)

Thanks for all the great comments, it's always fun talkin Studebakers. I've searched the forum and the internet for info on '60 Larks with 289's and have always found very little info that they were actually made, so I thought I'd offer mine as confirmation. The 289 is only part of the story on this car. It has a 2 page production order with about every heavy duty part available. The other cool thing is the special P 6001 paint code. It was special ordered in Hawaiian Green (a '59 color) with velvet black wheels, not body color. It was tagged for the city of Milwaukee, so all I can figure is that they had a bunch of Hawaiian Green '59's in service and wanted it to match. Any thoughts?

Skinny
                            Watertown, SD

Comment

Here's a thought- sell it to me!!![]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X