Teaser R3 (Clone) Avanti Pic's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaser R3 (Clone) Avanti Pic's

JP and I are working on a southern project...

It arrived yesterday (expertly driven I might add[])
    Has a few issues, but nothing terrible...
    Tis' in the shop getting thrashed on now...

Nice to be able to work late at night...(midnight)

This car drives super nice...
    Brakes are superb (adjustable proportioning valve helps)...
    Shifter is actually nice....
    Twin traction works properly[}]

Unfortunately, it won't be here long.....
    But it will be available soon...
    Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Darn the car looks much better then I expected, but then again, there are always surprise issues. A broken driver seat was a minor fix for Jeff, a loose door a bit more, but Jeff is knocking those issues off and a few more one by one. The air box has been hitting the hood, we suspect a bad motor mount and Jeff will have to fix that before he installs a new pad.
    I won't ask him to deal with a cracked dash pad, they are on back order from SI this month. The good news it other then those issues so far, it's a runner and looks nice. I shocked the guy could not sell it locally for his asking price, must be the economy.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP
      I won't ask him to deal with a cracked dash pad, they are on back order from SI this month.
      JDP/Maryland
      They've been on back order for quite awhile, it seems.
      If a forum member becomes the first to learn that they're back, please post the info...

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Hate the wheels.

Chris Pile
        Midway Chapter SDC
        The Studebaker Special
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

Hate the wheels.
          ...and tires. Looks like it's on it's tip toes and/or it's pants are too short . Avanti's have too much wheel well showing stock. This one just compounds that unattractive look. Needs stock type wheels and caps and 205/215 75s.

(lower it an inch or two if you are brave )

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I shocked the guy could not sell it locally for his asking price, must be the economy.

JDP/Maryland

Only because I didn't have any more room.

Pat Skelly
            62 GT Hawk
            53 Studillac
            37 Dictator Coupe

Comment

Well, That's easy...
              The tires on this are like new, with the whitewalls inside...
              Ask JP to toss the 5 stock hubcaps in if you hit the buy it now....

Pick up some steel wheels, mount the tires, sell the aluminum wheels, and it would be a wash....
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
              ...and tires. Looks like it's on it's tip toes and/or it's pants are too short . Avanti's have too much wheel well showing stock. This one just compounds that unattractive look. Needs stock type wheels and caps and 205/215 75s.
              (lower it an inch or two if you are brave )

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

Hate the wheels.

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

[navy][b]Well, That's easy...
                The tires on this are like new, with the whitewalls inside...
                What size are the tires. They look like low profile (not 75 aspect ratio). That's part of the "look" problem.

Also, those aluminum wheels would bring scrap value. Real Avanti wheels...more than that. I'd just "fix" it before putting it up for sale. My guess is that you'd gain far more than any cost diff.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, the car is on its tip toes so it can handle that Georgia mud a little easier.

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

FWIW wheel-wise, those wheels I sold to Mr. Biggs that you delivered Dick will accept the stock Studebaker/Avanti hub caps.

They are American Racing AR767 wheels and are commonly available through most tire/wheel shops -incase someone is looking for a local source.

Here's the AR site:

And Summit Racing's site with prices:

How about some pics of that clone motor Jeff??

Comment

Workin' on it right now...
                      Lot's of stuff to clean and polish.
                      Wonder if I should bother...
                      I posted one time and it took a whole 15 minutes for the thing to get picked apart....
                      This place can be as destructive as it can be creative[V].
                      Maybe it would be better to just shut up and post it on Ebay for auction.
                      As far as the engine goes....
                      Lets just say that I know why people complain about a lack of traction.
                      It runs strong, straight, and has great brakes.
                      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by wcarroll@outrageous.net
                      <snip>
                      How about some pics of that clone motor Jeff??
                      <snip>

Jeff

Comment

I posted one time and it took a whole 15 minutes for the thing to get picked apart....
                        I don't know about "picked apart". Two guys didn't like the wheels and one the tires (me).

It's a beautiful color and sounds like a nice driving car.

JDP slowed down his posting here because he wanted to pick apart others' cars and was discouraged by some for doing so.

Critiques OK on all cars EXCEPT JDP's [?]

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

My point was not who owns it, or who is selling it.
                          My point was that a car that is going to be sold can have that value degraded by the very forum that could and should be helping Studebaker sales values.
                          I have always hated picking apart an Ebay car 'during' the auction, unless it was a description error or mis-statement, and have stated so here many times.
                          But wheels and tires are cosmetic, and can be easily changed.
                          But a casual onlooker or lurker (have you guys looked at the new members on the forum roster lately?
                          And the miniscule number of post's thay have made?
                          There are a huge amount of lurkers that have not jumped 'into the frey' as they are just watching...
                          Then to see a potential Studebaker come along that might be offered up get 'critiqued' from the get go.....
                          Poor form in my opinion.
                          I can see where thick skin is needed.
                          Yes, I am biased in this instance.
                          It sure didn't take me long to find out what some others learned a long time ago.
                          Yes Dick.. Two guys....
                          One said 'I hate', and the other said 'I agree'...
                          That's how it starts.
                          Now that I have replied...It'll probably be ten times worse because now my detractors will just pile on.
                          And the Studebaker will be the one to suffer for it.
                          Your added comment about JP and his cars is not fair also.
                          He didn't have a darned thing to do with the post.
                          He didn't even know I was going to post it.
                          I just thought I'd share it a bit ahead of time... My bad...
                          OK..My rant is over
                          Jeff[8D]

I don't know about "picked apart". Two guys didn't like the wheels and one the tires (me).
                          JDP slowed down his posting here because he wanted to pick apart others' cars and was discouraged by some for doing so.

Jeff

Comment

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Pick away that's why I wanted Jeff to post the pictures.(Wait until you see the poor dash pad) Jeff is just in a bad mood because the PO of the Avanti got him in trouble with the wife unit.

JDP/Maryland
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

But wheels and tires are cosmetic, and can be easily changed.
                              You're right. Easy (and cheap) to change. I'd change them prior to putting it up for sale.

Not everyone has a good imagination when it comes to visualizing the car with better proportioned wheels and tires.

That might have been one of the reasons the PO had trouble getting market value for it.

A good looking car otherwise...and sorry I pizzed you off [:I]

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X