This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive car and seller

Was just looking at this car- looks to be an awesome car [] but was VERY impressed with the seller's description! He appears not only very intelligent but very knowledgeable about the subject:

Naturally, one would need to be cautious with a deal like this... and the price is open to debate [:0]... but if I were in the market for one, based on what the seller wrote I would trust him enough to seriously look into his car [8D]

(Just wonder how after all that he managed to misspell "mileage"? [:I])

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Bams this is Greg Diffens SDC member UK See 39 Conv Thread elsewhere here
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Bams this is Greg Diffens SDC member UK See 39 Conv Thread elsewhere here
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

"gostude" (Greg) is a regular here with a VERY impressive collection of cars []

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

"gostude" (Greg) is a regular here with a VERY impressive collection of cars []

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

THAT's purdy! Look at that factory correct AC unit![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

THAT's purdy! Look at that factory correct AC unit![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Was just looking at this car- looks to be an awesome car [] but was VERY impressed with the seller's description! He appears not only very intelligent but very knowledgeable about the subject:

Naturally, one would need to be cautious with a deal like this... and the price is open to debate [:0]... but if I were in the market for one, based on what the seller wrote I would trust him enough to seriously look into his car [8D]

Even I don't get too hung up on a couple of misspelled words in an eBay ad if the meaning is clear. When I look at the listing, "mileage" is correct. Did he correct the ad, or do you think that some other spelling is correct? I did notice the Loewy and transportation were misspelled.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Even I don't get too hung up on a couple of misspelled words in an eBay ad if the meaning is clear. When I look at the listing, "mileage" is correct. Did he correct the ad, or do you think that some other spelling is correct? I did notice the Loewy and transportation were misspelled.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Greg Diffen originally came from Australia, then to Canada where he was an Ontario Chapter member, then on to several other countries, ending up in the U.K.

When he was here, he seemed to be straight-shooter, traded some parts, and enjoyed driving his Studes - he had a 1958 Packard Hawk that he restored, as well as others.

I personally think 32K may be high for a 61, but its his car, and he does "hold the cards". It looks very nice.

PaulR

Comment

Greg Diffen originally came from Australia, then to Canada where he was an Ontario Chapter member, then on to several other countries, ending up in the U.K.

When he was here, he seemed to be straight-shooter, traded some parts, and enjoyed driving his Studes - he had a 1958 Packard Hawk that he restored, as well as others.

I personally think 32K may be high for a 61, but its his car, and he does "hold the cards". It looks very nice.

PaulR

Comment

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

You sure got hung up on the spelling of the color 'gray' or 'grey' that one time!!!

Craig

Comment

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

You sure got hung up on the spelling of the color 'gray' or 'grey' that one time!!!

Craig

Comment

I would truely love to see the drive on/off ship that can dock in Charlotte North Carolina! (LMAO) The city is at least a hundred miles from the coast!

He must mean Charleston.

It truely looks like a beautiful car. It would be nice to see it come home.

Lotsa Larks!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I would truely love to see the drive on/off ship that can dock in Charlotte North Carolina! (LMAO) The city is at least a hundred miles from the coast!

He must mean Charleston.

It truely looks like a beautiful car. It would be nice to see it come home.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X