Interior/paint color options on a 1966 sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior/paint color options on a 1966 sedan

I have been looking all over the web and have yet to find a source of either exterior paint and/or interior color options on a 1966 Studebaker sedan. Can someone point me to the correct website or, at least, put me in touch with person selling literature? I can get a shop manual locally but am not sure if it lists body/interior colors.

My car was originally a light (metalflake?) green judging by the firewall and the interior is black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

The October 1986 issue of Turning Wheels feature article is 1966 Studebakers.Couldn't find much on interior options, but it does list the various exterior colors.I'm guessing that yours would be Color Code 6488, Algonquin Green Metallic.If you're lucky,there should be a sticker under your glove box that indicates the body 'colour'.Keyword 'automotive paint colors' in your search engine and that should put you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

Comment

I haven't unpacked my color chips yet but if my memory is correct you most likely have the exterior color of timberline turquoise with the black interior which would be a correct combination. One of the vendors at todays La Palma meet had a 66 color selection book too, but I didnt get it cause I have one already........somewhere here! LOL

That exterior color was a metallic but metalflake has much larger specs of metal in it, used in custom paint mostly, although the "firemist" colors that were optional on Cadillacs in the 60's had larger than usual specs but still not as large as metalflake colors.

60 Lark convertible
      61 Champ
      62 Daytona convertible
      63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2)
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thank you folks.

Being that this car is a basketcase (two repaints as well as a ratty interior); I am thinking about doing a color change in/out albeit with factory Stude colors.

Green is not one of my fave colors on a car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Comment

Sasco possibly has some of those brochures. I think that's who I got one from.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
          X