Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How About "Drive Your Studebaker FAST Day' 7/4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About "Drive Your Studebaker FAST Day' 7/4?

(This is on the Drive Your Studebaker Day forum....)

Here's one for you fast Stude types!
    $35 for 5 laps, or $25 per 5 lap segment....
    Looks like fun!
    Contact them for details
    Jeff

(copy of e-mail)
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 10:24 AM
    Subject: Vettes for Vets at Talladega Superspeedway July 4, 2009

Hi!

I want to tell you about an event coming up July 4th at Talladega Superspeedway. Alabama Gold Star Families has rented the whole track and is offering paced lap packages to the general public. Each session will be passed by the track's safety crew and will be about 15 to 20 cars. We have slots for about 450 cars, so space is limited. Any and all makes and models are welcome. I have attached a registration form and a flyer for you. Please copy the flyer and hand it out at your next club's meeting and put them up at your offices.

Alabama Gold Star Families is a great organization and are raising money to build a monument to honor the Alabama soldiers that have died protecting our freedom to drive our Corvettes and eat ice cream (this hits home for most of us). This monument will be placed at the American Village in Montevallo. In addition to this monument, they have a wonderful support group for the families of fallen heroes. They do many great things. You can check out what they are doing on their web site, and you can donate directly to them via that site. It is www.alabamagoldstarfamilies.org

Marynell Winslow is the founder and she is a Gold Star Mother. Her son, LCpl Ryan Winslow , age 19, of Hoover, was killed north of Fallujah , Iraq on 4/15/2006. Ryan was in the Scout Platoon, 2nd Tank Battalion, Camp Lejeune , NC. Ryan is really an inspirational figure to his family and his friends. He always wanted to be a policeman, and wanted to join the military to get experience that he thought would be helpful. He felt the Marine Corp was the best, and he wanted to be a part of the best.

The track will be rented for the full day, July 4, 2009. We have access to the infield garage area, pit road, and the full track from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

I am offering 5-lap sessions to anyone with a car that is capable for safe motoring at 100 MPH+ on the race track. These sessions will be paced by the track's safety crew in safety vehicles.

I have a website up that has all the pertinent information on the event. You can view it at www.Vettes4Vets.com
    If you are interested and willing to get involved, we could use some help promoting the event. Please tell all your friends and coworkers about the event. They don't have to own or operate a Vette or even a sports car. When we were there in January, there was group of Model A's running about 35 MPH around the apron.
    Thanks for your support and please contact me if you have any questions or needs.
    Jeff Williams
    "Curby"
    (205) 492-2515
    Mid Alabama Corvette Club
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Sweet. Imagine being able to do 100 mph in your Avanti and NOT have
    to watch for cops. Not that I would ever go that fast.[:I]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

Sweet. Imagine being able to do 100 mph in your Avanti and NOT have
      to watch for cops. Not that I would ever go that fast.[:I]
      Tom, for a street car, you'd be surprised at how tight those big ovals are. You'd be hard pressed to get thru Turn 3 at 75-80 MPH. I had my Taurus SHO at Michigan in 1990 at it took everything I had to keep the car from wanting to climb the track. I found out the guy who was bragging about doing it at 100 was from Canada [:I][)].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
      X